Intakes- K&N vs Injen

pilot511

Who has what intake...I'm looking for a CAI and not sure where to go, who has/likes the K&N typhoon or the Injen cai?

typhoon is good if you ever want to switch between sri or cai, personally if youre lookin for a cai go with the injen (or better yet an "ebay" intake, which will save you around 100 bucks) but either way if you get a cai your gonna have the problem of the filter being in front of the wheel well panel....unless you do an ebay intake and dont run the filter that low...then you can do the stock intake mod and use that to direct air right to the filter (check around the forums, theres been a few ppl that have done that type of mod (if youre one of these ppl post your pics up))

and welcome to the forums

I have the Injen but got it used off a fellow member here. It does the job, fits nice (at least this one does, others have mentioned the tubing rubbing the brake reservior) and looks like just about every other cai. Get the one that makes you happy.

redpr5 said:
or better yet an "ebay" intake, which will save you around 100 bucks

Does anyone know the name of the ebay seller for these ?...(sorry for the thread jaking (jacked)

If you live in a state that does emission inspections, don't get the eBay kit. Make sure you get one with a CARB number, or you might get failed on visual inspection.

Injen is the best hands down.

AEM intakes are the ones with issue rubbing the brakefluid resevoir NOT the Injen.

The Injen CAI can be converted to a SRI, with 5 min, and 6" of 3" Pipe, but the placement of the Filter makes it pointless (Cars with CAI's that have exposed filters need worrie about that, not us.

Yes the E-bay cheap imitations do work, but they are inferier quality imitations (I dont car if you have had one for 2 years and its all fine, It doesnt change the fact it wont last as long as the Injen)

i have aem and no problems, that is just 1 guy, thats the only dude ive seen here where he had a problem with aem, they make perfect intakes and they look hot and perform like a champ.

To be honest, I purchased my intake for asthetic and engine tone. Anyone dyno the gain on an intake in a P5? I can tell you that with just an intake, it will sound more powerfull. Add an exhaust, depending on make, and it sounds even better. So I went with a red sri AEM. Are the fitment issues related to both SRI and CAI? I've had none to speak of.

p5_engine2.jpg

Rac3rX said:
Yes the E-bay cheap imitations do work, but they are inferier quality imitations (I dont care(sp)if you have had one for 2 years and its all fine, It doesnt change the fact it wont last as long as the Injen)

I have an ebay intake, and you have me concerned. Will the aluminum break down faster than Injen aluminuim?? Let me know ASAP, as I am at 3.5 years with the ebay intake/ K&N filter, and I do not want it to dissolve on me.

If the ebay intakes break down as you say, can you back that up with any proof?

metal tube and filter=intake. not sure how that can be made bad.

no carb sticker? slap the stocker on to pass smog.

on a side note, I am still waiting for someone to post up dyno proof of tests with ebay vs injen intakes.

RaiderMP5 said:
I have an ebay intake, and you have me concerned. Will the aluminum break down faster than Injen aluminuim?? Let me know ASAP, as I am at 3.5 years with the ebay intake/ K&N filter, and I do not want it to dissolve on me.

If the ebay intakes break down as you say, can you back that up with any proof?

metal tube and filter=intake. not sure how that can be made bad.

no carb sticker? slap the stocker on to pass smog.

on a side note, I am still waiting for someone to post up dyno proof of tests with ebay vs injen intakes.

The Pipe should be fine, its the couplers, elbow, ect.

To be safe you could always get a second intake from E-bay, or the couplers and elboys from the Injen web site will work, buy one if ever one breaks.

I got Injen, because I like the car, and want to pass it off to my Kid, so I plan to have it for a while.

no problems at all withmy couplers, and that is the first mention of it. Can you link me to the thread or other site about the decomposing couplers of which you refer to?

Also the you made a good point. the Ebay intakes HAVE NO C.A.R.B. Sticker, the Injen does, if you live somewhere where they do checks, Injen can be left in the Engine with no issues, when the Ebay intake will need to be removed before inspection.

Latest posts

Back