turboed???

cilyjr

Contributor
:
manual, MP5 2002
how many people have turboed their p5? i want to do it and i suppose i could spend the money this fall. i know a bit about engines having done most of my own work (on my POS cars as a kid) but i have never really delt with turbo before. if it is as simple as buy a kit bolt on and replace i can do that. but i am wary about increased pressure on piston rings ect. so let me know what yall have done!

im hopin to drop a MAM thumper turbo in my p5 (well my p5 trade, my current p5 is an autotragic)

ill be dropping an msp setup into my autotragic by the end of summer...

i heard it wasnt worth putting a turbo in autos??? i would love to though. but i guess the weaker the turbo the better(msp).

i guess it depends on the driver and how he takes care of his tranny then, cuz i here it would kill the tranny under high boost all the time. but i say i would only put it above 5 psi ive like im at a track or if i know ima race somebody. then just turn the boost down. that sounds pretty legit. plus hiboost says their turbos are for manny or auto. what kit sounds the best for a good price(im not rich)

We have a few stock auto guys running our kit's. Keep the boost low and add good fluid and a cooler and you should be fine. Bazooka Joe is runing our Sleeper kit and has for over a year now on an auto.

Black_Protege_5 said:
1500 already Albert. Yea I am only in $325. I have about another 1000 in parts.
lol...yeah...actually, its more of an estimate of what it should be costing when all is said and done...i just need piping, an fmic, oil lines, and a radiator fan as well as some final small things...with all the things ive bought so far, its about $900...and i still need to fix 2 broken studs on the turbo/s-pipe connection...

Is this what you are asking about??

New%20Stuff%20For%20UL%20-%20%2827%29.jpg.jpg

i was of the impression that the turbo off the 1.8t ( in the mps) won't fit in the pf 2.0

I'd stay away from boosting an auto. Only because you have to limit yourself if you'd like to keep your tranny in one piece. Friend of mine boosted his auto Civic at 9 psi. Only lasted about 6 mos before the tranny started to slip. Took the turbo off and a month later...BAM!! No more tranny. Just a warning. Do what you please, but if you do it, only go about 6 psi.

Back