Where's the sub amp in MS6?

jrodhotrod said:
I will have the AuxMod and AudioLink hooked up to my deck. My Auxmod is going to be dedicated to my satellite radio tuner while the AudioLink will be used for my Ipod/Aux line in for any other MP3 player I might get.

Is the AuxMod hooked up on the Satellite terminal on the back of the HU? Can this be also hooked up on the Media terminal/back of HU??

The Audio Link uses the Satellite Terminal on the back of the headunit.

The AuxMod gets plugged into the "Media/Tape" plug that is on the bottom of the head unit and is accessed using the "media" button.

i was told the stock head unit did not have an aux output for a sub, my buddy tried installing a subwoofer but did not find the au input, so he ended up splicing the stock sub wire and feeding the power to his new new sub from it. but doesnt it make the new sub less powerful, bcuz it is not connected directly to the bat?

ANYWAY, best way to use the bose factory deck with aftermarket speakers? Splice RCA's onto the output on the deck... feed that into a 4 channel amp which has a pass-through. Feed that amp into 4 new door speakers... and the pass into a mono-block for your subs... Will sound and act EXACTLY like an aftermarket deck... w/o all the extra features and buttons.

Could i use an 5 chanel in place of these two amps?
I have some leftovers from my last car, and would like to put them to use.

Yes, you can use a 5 channel amp instead :) You'll just have to use RCA splitter's to get the sub-signal off of your rear speaker outputs.

Latest posts

Back