Protege5 reference in new Automobile mag Issue

Donas64

:
2002 MP5
Yesterday, I just got my new issue of automobile mag in the mail. The one with the GT500 and the other muscle cars on the cover, and in the letters section, a fellow by the name of Darren Davis wrote this in reference to a Kia Rio5 they reviewed in a "cool small cars" story they did 2 issues back: "Amazing! Let's all laud Kia for the 2006 Rio5! For they have finally given us something we really need: A lesser version of e 2002 Mazda Protege5. And yes, it is a fair thing to say. The Kia is weak looking, slower and has smaller wheels (fifteens), and doesn't handle nearly as well. And the Price? Brand-new, you could get a loaded Protege5 that handled like a go-kart for just over $16,000. Sorry Kia, not much price advantage there. I commend Kia for wanting to copy a good car. But could someone tell them that putting a 5 at the end of the name does not a sport car make?"

That was written by Darren Davis of Norwood, Massachusetts.

I just thought it was cool to see some props given to our cars. They are fun little cars whose styling is fresh even today and fun to drive to boot.

Pirana said:
hehehe, thats pretty cool (thumb)

You traitor :D long live the Pirana Protege 1.0 haha

That's cool, now someone scour that town and cover his car with nepoc stickers!!!

c'mon guys, our car gets props in a magazine years later and it only gets props from so few! Where is the love

Thats cool and funny... there is a guy here that has a silver one of those Kias... and decided to park his wanna-b next to mine last week.

So the next day I pulled up and he pulls up too and as I'm walking away from mine he says "Hey man, so how do you like your Kia ?".... I just stopped ..."What ? hell no..."

Kia ?, What Kia... Mines a Mazda ? (he then has the cojones to say) oh sorry...it Sucks to be you then

I had to laugh...(at this point I wanted to smash his grin on the hood of his car) "Listen Kid... I clean s*** like you off my tires everyday"

Gotta love it... "Kia"...get TF out of my face !!!!

So he drives a Kia and can't tell it apart from a Mazda? What a loser! Sure they are similiar but not that much!

I got the magazine today in the mail, when i read that i was about to post it but i see that somebody did before I did (blackp5)(laserp5)

Challenge him to a downhill Time Attack on Mt. Akina.

Crazy D said:
Thats cool and funny... there is a guy here that has a silver one of those Kias... and decided to park his wanna-b next to mine last week.

So the next day I pulled up and he pulls up too and as I'm walking away from mine he says "Hey man, so how do you like your Kia ?".... I just stopped ..."What ? hell no..."

Kia ?, What Kia... Mines a Mazda ? (he then has the cojones to say) oh sorry...it Sucks to be you then

I had to laugh...(at this point I wanted to smash his grin on the hood of his car) "Listen Kid... I clean s*** like you off my tires everyday"

Gotta love it... "Kia"...get TF out of my face !!!!

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Sounds like major case of attention-to-detail deficit disorder......seems to be world wide pandemic of this these days.
yea seriously...how do you miss that ENORMOUS mazda logo on the grill (its much bigger on the cx-7 tho...like obsurdly large)

by the way, i believe one of the writers for automobile drives a P5, and was talking about how much he loves the car...justa month ago or so...i was going to post it here, but forgot all about it...

the day i bought my 5, i had also test drove one of those kias. no comparison, the kia just felt cheap.

Back