Brake Calipers...

Pro5Banana

:
Protege 5, Yellow, 5-Spd, ALL stock :(
Hey everyone, I'm new here :)

I just bought a yellow p5 5-spd, and I'm just looking to but some parts into it.

Now I wanted to put some red brake calipers in it but to be honest I have no clue where to look. I tried google, and All i get are the OEM type calipers. Just wondering where I can get these :) Yes I know im a newb, but we all have to start somewhere !

Thanks guys!

The cheapest way would be to just paint them. they sell a two part paint that's supposed to more durable. it's 50 bucks or so. some people do it with heat resisant paint. you might be better off paying the 50 bucks for the higher quality stuff

http://www.g2usa.com/

I think most of those are just painted unless they spent the money on some upgraded big brake kit that has 4 piston calipers.

Alright thanks! :) Yeah I'm a cheapo so I'll go with th 50 dollar stuff :)

Any ideas on how to do it?

I hate to say it but use the search and/or go to the how to section and there is a thread on it.

Welcome! These guys and gals will always point you int he right direction.

Pro5Banana said:
Alright thanks! :) Yeah I'm a cheapo so I'll go with th 50 dollar stuff :)

Any ideas on how to do it?

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123630986

i remove calipers from car, and spray paint them with engine enamal paint i buy from walmart or a car store for under $4.00 a can. i use breake cleaner to clean calipers and tape off rubber covers and pads. i usually do 2 or 3 coats.........

-R

i painted mine.....it came in a kit from dicount auto...like 10-15 more then enough paint in one kit to do 3 cars!

yeah thats the same exact thing I got, and i just finished mine last night now its time to clean and seal the wheels

Are you new to car modifications? Hehe...welcome to the boards. Tons of info here.

I'd recommend brush-on paint, as there's no need to remove the calipers or worry about overspray if you leave them on. Brushing can be a bit more tedious though...

calipers1.jpg

I used Tremclad Rust Paint. It can take the high temperatures, and cures to a nice glossy finish... Needs at least a few coats.

calipers2.jpg

(thumb) As mentioned, there are How-To's on this that are very useful. Good luck, and enjoy the new car!

Back