Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 3410 of 3412 FirstFirst ... 2410291033103360340034083409341034113412 LastLast
Results 51,136 to 51,150 of 51166

Thread: What have you done to your MSP today?

Ren lookalike

LX & MSP 935

Quote Originally Posted by Valk View Post
    remove bumper, remove headlights, install headlights, replace bumper.. but for wiring, what i found easiest to do was to cut the stock harness and power my ballasts from it, with both grounded to the chassis. are the single or bixenon beams?

when i say power the ballasts... use a multimeter to find the wire that reads +12v when you turn on the headlights. i use that wire as a trigger for a 12v relay that direct powers the ballast from the battery, grouded to the chassis.
    you can then find the +12v when highbeams are selected and use that to power a bixenon controller. also grounded to chassis.

I've heard that some people have had the ability to wire in a stock p5 harness pigtail to the msp. Since the msp is single bulb dual filament and the p5 is two bulb single filament. My bumper is already off I'm just having an issue figuring out the wiring.
    Be happy!

Certified Mazda Tech hornsfan10609's Avatar

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2

I have P5 lights in one of my MSPs. Here are instructions, that's how I did it and it works fine a year later. Low beams stay on with the highs as well.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...dan-Headlights

Picked up a ZE intake cam and corksport exhaust cam today for $240, may get some adjustable cam gears before I install them. Parts are piling up, need to start installing them.

Got some new tires as well, a coworker is moving and is getting rid of stuff. Had an almost new set of 215/45-17 BFG rain-racing tires from CJ wilson racing's NC miata race cars. They say 'for racing use only' on the sidewall, they are basically soft racing compound tires with a tread pattern molded in them. Going to put them on the BBSs and maybe repaint them before I install them. The car will need an alignment as well, and am considering getting some trailing arms and lateral links before I do that.
    Mod List. "Jinba Ittai"

2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1345 Purchased 7/20/10
    2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1574 Purchased 10/25/14

2009 Highland Green Mustang Bullitt #5998 12.9@110
    2002 Red Protege5 RIP:4/25/10

2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege, 2002 Protege 5, 2003 Protege ESGT

ive heard that there is a weird grounding difference in the p5 and sedan headlight system and just never bothered to mess with much of the wiring beyong using the low beams on as a trigger to my own wiring setup.
    I have no highbeams, but much of the time i just dont need them as the 35w hids are plenty for city life.

projectors are on the horizon for me. but i dont think ill cut up a set of p5 lights for it. ill wait til i finish my wifes car and maybe give her the p5 lights, and build projectors for mine with one of the sedan sets ill have.
    but even then, i wouldnt trust the factory wires to carry any actual current heh.
    2003.5 Mazdaspeed protege Yellow. 138km. Retired for a complete rebuild. hibernating to prevent rust.
    2002 Protege 5 Silver Rescue/Build thread

WTB; MP3/03 spoiler, MSP racing harts in any color with factory center caps.

Ren lookalike

LX & MSP 935

Quote Originally Posted by hornsfan10609 View Post
    I have P5 lights in one of my MSPs. Here are instructions, that's how I did it and it works fine a year later. Low beams stay on with the highs as well.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...dan-Headlights

Picked up a ZE intake cam and corksport exhaust cam today for $240, may get some adjustable cam gears before I install them. Parts are piling up, need to start installing them.

Got some new tires as well, a coworker is moving and is getting rid of stuff. Had an almost new set of 215/45-17 BFG rain-racing tires from CJ wilson racing's NC miata race cars. They say 'for racing use only' on the sidewall, they are basically soft racing compound tires with a tread pattern molded in them. Going to put them on the BBSs and maybe repaint them before I install them. The car will need an alignment as well, and am considering getting some trailing arms and lateral links before I do that.
    The man who took the time to draw those diagrams is a god, that makes it so much easier.

I however, may not need it lol. I was able to get a p5 headlight harness direct from JP, so I'm hoping that's a plug and play.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by Preferio View Post
    With it being 'tax season' or just after, accompanied by the low selling price of MSPs, I figured there would have been an influx of new owners here. Probably utilizing the FB pages more than sites.
    Can someone please link me to said Facebook page(s)?
    2003 Blazing Yellow Mica Mazdaspeed Protégé

Quote Originally Posted by boostdprotegelx View Post
    The man who took the time to draw those diagrams is a god, that makes it so much easier.

I however, may not need it lol. I was able to get a p5 headlight harness direct from JP, so I'm hoping that's a plug and play.
    It is plug and play, I have a P5 harness but it's such a PITA to install it wasn't worth it for me. You basically have to remove the fender to put it in.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by batmang View Post
    Can someone please link me to said Facebook page(s)?
    There is Protege Parts for Sale, Mazda Protege Parts, MSP enthusiasts, MSP owners lounge, club protege, etc.

2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege, 2002 Protege 5, 2003 Protege ESGT

remove the fender? fk that, id just cut the wires and resolder as needed...

On a side note I managed to acquire a 'partial sponsorship' from BC Racing and was offered BR coils for my MSP for about half price. Pretty stoked about that

Quote Originally Posted by Valk View Post
    remove the fender? fk that, id just cut the wires and resolder as needed...
    It can possibly be done without but it would be difficult, I got mine from a junkyard and took the fender off to get the connector out. So much easier to just wire it into the plugs, but it's technically not the 'correct' way.

Ren lookalike

LX & MSP 935

It is plug and play, I have a P5 harness but it's such a PITA to install it wasn't worth it for me. You basically have to remove the fender to put it in.
    I'll do it the right way haha.

fenders are cake.

It's the side skirts that are a pain, hard to pry them off without damaging them, plus the clips always break and I am anal about stuff so little things like taking the paint off the bolts when you remove it bugs me. Not that most people would care about that.

2003.5 MSP #932

In the process of getting my hands on a ETS smic

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

On a side note I managed to acquire a 'partial sponsorship' from BC Racing and was offered BR coils for my MSP for about half price. Pretty stoked about that
    Frickin awesome man!

Basically just emailed them from my Cobb email and they offered it to me, can't wait to get them!

Doing a clutch in one of my dad's friend's 02 Protege tomorrow, fun stuff.

Page 3410 of 3412 FirstFirst ... 2410291033103360340034083409341034113412 LastLast