What have you done to your MSP today?

installed amber sidemarkers finally!! thanks to gjmoreo for sellin his to me. and finally got my 9000k bulbs from xenon-shop for my hid kit. pretty crappy customer service on his part tho. shoulda had the bulbs weeks ago.

210_ZOOM said:
last week i put a 626 intake manifold, man it pulls so much better. :)

whered you get yours? and for how much if you dont mind me asking?

MSP608 said:
whered you get yours? and for how much if you dont mind me asking?

got it at protegegarage.com he had a sale going for like 249+ 55 for egr return pipe. Well worth it, now i think its 299+55 . Still worth it.

210_ZOOM said:
got it at protegegarage.com he had a sale going for like 249+ 55 for egr return pipe. Well worth it, now i think its 299+55 . Still worth it.

call me stupid but what exactly is the egr pipe for?

baconbitz said:
So I thought if the P5's could have one of these we could to. Hopefully there are enough people doing things to their MSP's to keep this going. Ill start.

I finally got tired of my ghetto looking dual gauge pod and spent the money on a full a-pillar (thanks Street Unit (first) ). I'm going to paint it whenever I can get hold of some of the Krylon #3551 Classic Gray and then put it in. Im pretty sure everybody will be able to tell which is the old and which is the new. I hope to have pics of it installed by the end of the week.

I have the same A/F gauge. How did you get it to work ? Because mine just goes from left to right, reading out nothing.

MSP608 said:
call me stupid but what exactly is the egr pipe for?

has to do w/ emmisions. w/out it you will get a CEL. That is what i have heard. It would take, in my mind more work to not have it.

Put in my new A-Pillar/gauge pod and got my corksport exhaust on. Next thing is to get rid of the CEL. Then save up some cash and pick-up the protege garage intake mani.

cs exhuast with the dp? aslo do you have a fmic?

baconbitz said:
Put in my new A-Pillar/gauge pod and got my corksport exhaust on. Next thing is to get rid of the CEL. Then save up some cash and pick-up the protege garage intake mani.

rocketr2 said:
I have the same A/F gauge. How did you get it to work ? Because mine just goes from left to right, reading out nothing.

Basically that is what is going to happen unless you have a wideband. I just use mine as an indicator that im not leaning out. Under boost if it reads rich im safe, if not ive got a problem.

Bala de Plata said:
Earlier this week, I re-shoed the stock MSP wheels - these are the real new shoes and UPS dropped them off yesterday. Imported from Japan, 18 x 7.5 x 48mm offset w/ 215/40/18 Pirellis (center cap withheld for guesses - hint the manufacturer makes automotive lights) the finish matches the 2003.5 MSP Racing Harts and the combo weighs in lighter.

18mspwheels1.jpg

18mspwheels2.jpg
any pics with them on the car ??

baconbitz said:

hey can you snap a pic of the rear of the corksport exhaust? i have yet to see a clear pic of the exhaust tip coming out the back of the car.

Well since I had a long weekend and no reason to keep the car in service I decided to fill all the motor mounts, cept the rear one- didn't want the hassle, installed the ss braided clutch line that I have had since I bought the car, and moved my MAF to the cold pipe. I wanted to install the gauge bezel rings I've owned for over a year and do the alarm/ door lock setting turbo timer trick, but then I found myself being lazy again and it was so damn hot out. But all in all I spent a good bit of man hours dismantling the whole driver side of the engine bay. everything went smoothly too which is the way I like it. I am really happy with the results of the mounts, feels great under acceration and shifts, but I can feel more vibrations while idling and the 03.5 wing vibrates alot since it has no center support, no worries though. As far as the MAF relocation, it feels good for normal driving very smooth but I run into problems under hard acceleration, 2nd gear either hits fuel cut or something else is going on when I get to about 4500-5000 rpms and it doesn't seem to pull quite as hard, or the powerband is just so different it feels slower. I am letting the car learn the set-up to see if it improves, if not then I 'll be under the hood the rest of the week straightening it out, hopefully get everything up to par before the next autox. If you have done the maf relocation and know anything about what I am describing feel free to shoot me a PM, I would greatly appreciate it, or look for me in another thread specifically for this topic

jestermsp said:
hey can you snap a pic of the rear of the corksport exhaust? i have yet to see a clear pic of the exhaust tip coming out the back of the car.

Yea mine didnt and it melted my rear lip a bit (shocked) so I took to a local exhaust shop and got them to add some sections and move the hangers. Ill get some pics later if I can remember

what is this door alarm trick w/the turbo timer you speak of Velocifero. i hate havin to wait for my car to turn off so i can lock it to set the alarm. and i dont like manually locking it from the inside then leaving cuz once it turns off the alarm never sets.

MSP608 said:
what is this door alarm trick w/the turbo timer you speak of Velocifero. i hate havin to wait for my car to turn off so i can lock it to set the alarm. and i dont like manually locking it from the inside then leaving cuz once it turns off the alarm never sets.
you can do a wiring trick to the alarm and remote entry modules to allow you to arm/ lock doors while TT is counting down. There is a write up somewhere, I 'd have to look at it again before I did it myself but it was pretty easy if I recall. There are two different ones, one just fools the remote module to thinking the car is off and allows you to lock it while walking away, this is the same result as using the manual lock button before closing the door, and the other trick lets you fool the alarm module into thinking the car is off and allows you to arm it while walking away, but keep in mind that any a-hole passenger can arm your alarm while you are driving and then you are also disableing the ignition lock with alarm, meaning if your alarm goes off now, the car can't be started, if your alarm goes off after you perform said trick then it can be started because you will be disabling the lock. Still not sure if I am gonna do it or not, then the alarm is just a scare tactic. Note also that you need to turn down the sensitivity on the alarm just a touch so that it doesnt go off when the car shutters at kill. You need to know that one module is by the steering column and the other is by the sub deck, remove the rear panel from the back seat to access.

Bala de Plata said:
Earlier this week, I re-shoed the stock MSP wheels - these are the real new shoes and UPS dropped them off yesterday. Imported from Japan, 18 x 7.5 x 48mm offset w/ 215/40/18 Pirellis (center cap withheld for guesses - hint the manufacturer makes automotive lights) the finish matches the 2003.5 MSP Racing Harts and the combo weighs in lighter.

18mspwheels1.jpg

18mspwheels2.jpg
I'm not normally a fan of multi-spoke wheels, but I LIKE those... very nice Patrick. (first) What do they weigh in at?

Back