What have you done to your MSP today?

MSP608 said:
zomg all the tee's.

well for today i discovered i measured wrong and got the wrong size reducers to do my maf relocation.

haha...i tell ya, our cars man... unbelievable.

oh ya, and that 16psi, i was just testing the highboost setting on the unichip to see if it worked. It went up to 16 and as soon as it did i let go of the gas and turned it back down...i didn't expect it to go that high! but no worries, im tryn to get a tune from Sam at Crossover so i can run it hard AND safe. woooo EMS and wooooo BOOST!

daedalus said:
Benben... write on my cardomain page? lol.

Nice to see you on here. Who did you buy the car from? It looks really familiar, but I can't remember who used to own it.

I believe the guy who previously owned the car went by 'emode'. I have read his posts and I feel sorry for this car cuz it's been through alot, haha! Anyways, it's back and running strong and I plan to make it a show and go auto-x'r. I have a lot of work to do to it before it's show worthy but I have all summer.

boostisfun357 said:
Installed a new greeedy TT and a HKS ssq bov (dual set up)

IMG_0367.jpg
Is your valve cover ventilation/breather tee'd into your BPV? Or did that vac line just get kicked up under the engine cover. If you have that tee'd there to the valve cover you're not gettign vac to your BPV, that's a pressure hose with small oil particles moving out of the valve cover.

I ALMOST beat the hell out of my car with the gas pump...

stupid charcoal canister doesnt want to let me fill the car with gas...

in other news - I need to do oil and sparkplugs... and my WGA :(

Boricua86 said:
i think he is... O CHIT!
I think we are not seeing the whole picture, I think the red lines that go off on the right and look like they just loop around are actually going to a catch can, then back to the intake and we don't see where the two lines are just crossing and not tee'd. I hope. There is the vacc line coming from the back to the BPV and they probably just cross paths. Still think one or the other, no reason to have the breather there with the catch can, the air pushing the oil to the can is being released at the breather and the oil trapped in the filter media. My opinion.

benben84 said:
I believe the guy who previously owned the car went by 'emode'. I have read his posts and I feel sorry for this car cuz it's been through alot, haha! Anyways, it's back and running strong and I plan to make it a show and go auto-x'r. I have a lot of work to do to it before it's show worthy but I have all summer.

Yup thats the one! Most MSP's have some story to share. I always liked that car, it looks hardcore. Have fun at the AutoX's. That is where it truly shines!

Velocifero said:
I think we are not seeing the whole picture, I think the red lines that go off on the right and look like they just loop around are actually going to a catch can, then back to the intake and we don't see where the two lines are just crossing and not tee'd. I hope. There is the vacc line coming from the back to the BPV and they probably just cross paths. Still think one or the other, no reason to have the breather there with the catch can, the air pushing the oil to the can is being released at the breather and the oil trapped in the filter media. My opinion.

here's the whole set up to clairify

IMG_0365.jpg

I'm without my MSP for the SECOND day.

B got a flat tire in his Lexus, and till the new tires he ordered arrive -- and till they're mounted and balanced -- he needs to borrow my car to get to work.

I'm suffering from alternating anxiety attacks and fits of boredom.

well i got my smic today... looks like i gotta sell it cuz of a student loan payment. o well.

but i'm still keeping my nology wires though. i need that for the tuneup.

I totally punched the s*** out of the drivers side window in my ponitac because its off the track and wont go all the way up or down ... yea in case your wondering it pwned me.

GhostOne said:
I am very confused as to what is going on here...(uhm)
it makes sense to me. its all that red lining that kinda confused me at first. i see how it works now.

Unichip - Can't tune yourself, and 50% of them have faulty harnesses. I had it and got rid of it. I'm always modding my car, so I want something I can tune to take advantage of my mods.

AFC - Easy to use/ tune and install, several people use it = many pre-made maps to choose from, but no timing control.

E-manage - Very few use it = little to no maps available, easy to tune, a pain to install, but does have timing control & A/F data logging capabilities.

I'm happy with my decision to use the e-manage. Now that I got all my quarks worked out, its been nothing but smooth sailing. It's amazing how big a difference a good tune makes. The stock ECU tune is 100% certified trash.

Back