What have you done to your MSP today?

washed car again... and put a nice coat of polish and wax on. Man the RO Buffer made my life soo much easier. It also did a decent job of taking SOME of the swirl marks out so I will need to go over it again sometime with good swirl remover or hand glaze.

So in total - wed. I washed, claybared and used swirl remover. Fri - wash, polish, wax.

Car stands out a lot better now, the colors have really enriched and brought back out. Looks darker now than before.

After going over my car with the polish though, I actually had a chance to get a serious look @ my paint's condition. I will probably have a respray coming up in a few years now... Its not bad, but bad enough for my taste :p but yay for fresh paint?

BUT!! Im cleaned for HIN, not that Im showing, but I cant go with a dirty car.

Sea-foam treatment (1 in the gas tank, 1 in a vacuum line)
new tranny fluid (redline MT90)
and changed the oil (mobil1 of course)

ordered me the aftermarket sidemount intercooler and red nology spark plug wires along with a new timing belt because i'm past 60k miles.

gonna be fun when i install these.

I washed, instant-detailed, clay barred, and waxed my car. My car's paint hasn't ever looked this good...(cabpatch)

Began pulling my tranny today before lunch. Should be getting the new diff back from the welders tommorrow afternoon or Wed morning...

dirtysouth_msp said:
Began pulling my tranny today before lunch. Should be getting the new diff back from the welders tommorrow afternoon or Wed morning...
Waiting for mine too. Hopefully he'll be done tonight, but we'll see. Is the shop covering yours? If not how much was it and did you get a discount, just fo rthe welding? I got mine done through a guy I autox with.

Last edited:
im just glad to hear that you guys are welding your diffs. now yall don't have to worry about it again.

ps. clutch job is best to do at the same time. the guy who did my diff install didn't charge me for labor on my clutch. so that saves you some money later on.

Boricua86 said:
im just glad to hear that you guys are welding your diffs. now yall don't have to worry about it again.

ps. clutch job is best to do at the same time. the guy who did my diff install didn't charge me for labor on my clutch. so that saves you some money later on.
Yeah i checked my clutch and it still has plenty of meat. I am considering putting on the fidanza flywheel I have sitting here, but my s*** already revs too fast. I can't go through first without hitting the limiter once. not worried about the labor, all of it is free, just sweat.

Removed the radiator, I had been loosing coolant and couldn't find the source. Turns out it was a crack in on of the fins. We'll see what I do, I'm trying to find a high performance replacement at a good price. I'll probably try a radiator for a honda.

The welder is charging me around $50 or so.

I have a brand new Spec Flywheel & Exedy Stage 1 clutch already installed. :)

Velocifero said:
Yeah i checked my clutch and it still has plenty of meat. I am considering putting on the fidanza flywheel I have sitting here, but my s*** already revs too fast. I can't go through first without hitting the limiter once. not worried about the labor, all of it is free, just sweat.

How many miles do you have on your car Scott? I'm thinking I'm going to need a new clutch setup sometime in the near future from my stupid work commute (the Acworth-Atlanta one). Since I'll be using MARTA at the new house, it won't be as pressing to get it done...but it will need it sometime soon...

RacerXGirl said:
How many miles do you have on your car Scott? I'm thinking I'm going to need a new clutch setup sometime in the near future from my stupid work commute (the Acworth-Atlanta one). Since I'll be using MARTA at the new house, it won't be as pressing to get it done...but it will need it sometime soon...
somewhere in the 40K range, it's been a couple weeks since I last saw the milage. Just remember how Luke's looked when they were doing his install, still had a ton of meat. MARTA is SMARTA

Last edited:
dirtysouth_msp said:
The welder is charging me around $50 or so.

I have a brand new Spec Flywheel & Exedy Stage 1 clutch already installed. :)
Thats what I am looking at too. He quoted $50 to 100 depending on how the cast housing reacts, then once he saw the diff he said closer to $50, and I gave him my bad one for him to work out any temperature issues ahead of time. Not too sure how far you are in your tranny disassemble, but be real cautious of the plastic runner that runs through the tranny to the 5th cover. It runs oil through the housing. Mine is fine, but whoever rebuilt ^tyrant^'s tranny broke it and didn't bother telling him or replacing it and that caused a bearing to blow. Luckily the LSD was unaffected, that's where i salvaged my new one. I figured out where the mysery metal we pulled out went to as well. Kinda nervous to feel the difference in the revised one and the original, I really liked the original, heard this one is better in straight lines, but I don't do that much straight line. oh well, I can't complain, it was essentially free.

Velocifero said:
somewhere in the 40K range, it's been a couple weeks since I last saw the milage. Just remember how Luke's looked when they were doing his install, still had a ton of meat. MARTA is SMARTA

Yep, MARTA is smarta...it's all the stop/go traffic during rush hour that is doing my clutch in...first gear, second gear, stop...first, second, back to first, stop...repeat. Blech.

Velocifero said:
Thats what I am looking at too. He quoted $50 to 100 depending on how the cast housing reacts, then once he saw the diff he said closer to $50, and I gave him my bad one for him to work out any temperature issues ahead of time. Not too sure how far you are in your tranny disassemble, but be real cautious of the plastic runner that runs through the tranny to the 5th cover. It runs oil through the housing. Mine is fine, but whoever rebuilt ^tyrant^'s tranny broke it and didn't bother telling him or replacing it and that caused a bearing to blow. Luckily the LSD was unaffected, that's where i salvaged my new one. I figured out where the mysery metal we pulled out went to as well. Kinda nervous to feel the difference in the revised one and the original, I really liked the original, heard this one is better in straight lines, but I don't do that much straight line. oh well, I can't complain, it was essentially free.

Is this the runner youre talking about? This pic is from Turfburn's how-to thread:
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Dugg%20E%20Fresh/LSD/rev_gears_close.jpg

I knew when I had the thing apart that the clutch seemed to still be pretty good. Lately, when I let it out, especially just idling, its like a throbbing, light whistle or squeek. I wonder if you just narrowed down my problem. I know for a fact we broke this when we were putting it back together.
(bang) (bang)(bang) (bang)

Back