What have you done to your MSP today?

I thought the 03s had a Sparco shift knob?
I actually like it better than the stock greddy knob in the 03...but to each his own

of course now that I have the TWM SS the knob is not aligned with the gears and faces me instead of aligning with the car

I actually like it better than the stock greddy knob in the 03...but to each his own

of course now that I have the TWM SS the knob is not aligned with the gears and faces me instead of aligning with the car

Get a die and just add an extra half of thread to the shifter

the leather on my 03.5 knob came off a while ago :( It looks ok and still feels fine. I'm just too cheap to spend $ on a damn shift knob lol

the leather on my 03.5 knob came off a while ago :( It looks ok and still feels fine. I'm just too cheap to spend $ on a damn shift knob lol

I hear ya, I need to start getting cheap...cause this car obsession is quickly becoming a real money hole...and I don't have anything that impressive...yet (nailbyt)

They are a good investment if u find one u like. I mean how often do u have to change em?

unless u get the streetglow ones that light up at night like i did when i was 16, one power shift in the ol cavalier and it pretty much destroyed itself and i had to drive home with just the shift shaft.

true, but I guess i just dont feel anything wrong with the shifter. probably because I dont have anything to compare it to and know theres any difference....

somebody wanna loan me a weighted knob? (peep) lol
They are a good investment if u find one u like. I mean how often do u have to change em?

unless u get the streetglow ones that light up at night like i did when i was 16, one power shift in the ol cavalier and it pretty much destroyed itself and i had to drive home with just the shift shaft.

true, but I guess i just dont feel anything wrong with the shifter. probably because I dont have anything to compare it to and know theres any difference....

somebody wanna loan me a weighted knob? (peep) lol

Really its just preference. The weight kinda helps i guess but i did it for comfort. Were not driving Ferraris so you can put a bowling ball on the end of the shifter shaft and itll still be notchy.

I like holding the knob in my palm (insert joke) so the stock msp one wasnt comfortable for me. I like the greddys small round shape.

Id loan you mind if u use it to hit you know who in the head with it.

Last edited:
bahahahahaha dont worry, the karma ship came around and got him I believe ;)

I dont usually "hold" the shifter unless I'm shifting or driving spiritedly since its usually a bad thing to rest your hand on it often

usualy the only time i "hold" my shifter is when i go real real fast... it is exciting!!! lololololololol

Lol I remeber those. I did the same thing. Pulled second gear real hard in my sho and the thing snapped right off....ended up using it as a trunk light lol

I agree though once you find a good comfortable shift knob you never want to change. I can't stand the two twm knobs I have tried but I love my vibrant cf knob and oddly enough quite like the el cheapo white delrin knob I got off ebay (similiar to the honda knobs everyone has)

Lol I remeber those. I did the same thing. Pulled second gear real hard in my sho and the thing snapped right off....ended up using it as a trunk light lol

I agree though once you find a good comfortable shift knob you never want to change. I can't stand the two twm knobs I have tried but I love my vibrant cf knob and oddly enough quite like the el cheapo white delrin knob I got off ebay (similiar to the honda knobs everyone has)

whats our shifters pitch and thread? Id like to try one of those delrin knobs but there doesnt seem to be a mazda one. i could be missing it though.

the greddy is nice but it gets real freakin cold and hot.

whats our shifters pitch and thread? Id like to try one of those delrin knobs but there doesnt seem to be a mazda one. i could be missing it though.

the greddy is nice but it gets real freakin cold and hot.

I have to double check but I think its 8x1.25 but I could wrong. Also the delrin knob is usually self tapping. Searche mazdaspeed on ebay it should come up

The shifters are either M10x1.5 or M12x1.5, I can't remember which.

I've had an '07+ Mazda3 manual shift knob for quite some time and it's really nice. Nice stock appearance and it has a good weight to it. It's also leather wrapped so it doesn't get rediculously hot or cold.

I have a Greddy counter wieght and OMG it will burn the s*** out of your hand in the summer, some times on those 100 degree days i use a towle and throw over it so i can shift. really thats no lie.

IMO the stock 03.5 knob is like holding an ice cube in the winter. though it does have some leather on it as well. haven't gotten to try it out in the summer yet.

Latest posts

Back