What have you done to your MSP today?

sandspeed said:
i installed an atp wastegate actuator and new ngk spark plugs. Getting car ready to be tuned sometime next week

what kind of tuning?

boostisfun357 said:
I take it you cut a full coil off? if you can post up a pic I'd greatly appreciatie it.
I'll see what I can do. My camera took a s*** on me (actually, I somehow managed to break the LCD screen). A 'lil rake, but MUCH better IMO.

MSP608 said:
what kind of tuning?

I need my dsm afc to be professionally tuned....i'm currently running on the "super stock map" and it runs kinda rich.(ughdance)

i just installed some spark plugs. And i'm gonna go help a buddy install megan racing springs and illumina struts on his p5 later......

Dugg E Fresh said:
I was concerned with this as well. So far, absolutely no bouncing at all. I took a full coil out of the each of the rears. The car handles about as well as it ever did. Not too much wrong with the stock Racing Beats, to tell you the truth, just too tall, IMO. I think people run into trouble when they take TOO much out. Ricer, maybe, but I'm the one who had a ginormous GReddy sticker on the side of mine and liked it.
(ricer)

I couldn't agree more with you. I also thought about why they engineered them that way, i was just willing to take the risk of cutting them. They cost what like $200? Well worth the risk to me. I think it actually rides better. Plus its only like a 1/2 inch lower.

Changed the oil and while I was under there, did the "spring mod." So far, so good, I guess. I may have been a little greedy w/ the little mods I have and no fuel management, but that remains to be seen. She holds pretty steady at 8 psi, but it initially spikes to 9.5-9.75. Are others getting this much spike? And when those of you that have a spike, is it right at the beginning of WOT, then backs down? Sorry for the noob questions, but I didn't feel like searching through 20-30 threads for spike.

Another noob question: For those of you in the 8-10 psi range; What are your AFR's like? As far as I know I am not flashed (I am the 2nd owner, and ttlkaos said the first did not, so unless the dealer had it done between). My AFR's are 10.7-11 through the middle to upper part of the rpm range. Recipe for disaster?? Would the flash help, or do I sell my daily driver and get EMS to drive the Speed only??

chaos2015 said:
i replaced my awr rear mount and my front inserts with the nsn motorsports engine mounts. my car feels so smooth now, no more rattling throughout the car

Where are those available from?

Put on some chrome valve caps (tires) to offset the current valve cover (motor).

welllll... this is what i did to my msp today. i let some women friends of mine drive it and they ended up racing an evolution. they now want to use it to pick up guys.

AFaceInTheCrowd said:
welllll... this is what i did to my msp today. i let some women friends of mine drive it and they ended up racing an evolution. they now want to use it to pick up guys.

It does seem to attract men for some reason... :)

today i put in the new optima yellow top and gold battery terminals, cleaned up the engine bay, and install the new axr sway bar brackets!

Attachments

• optima 1.jpg
    optima 1.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 313
  • engine 3.jpg
    engine 3.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 343
  • bracket 1.jpg
    bracket 1.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 344
boostisfun357 said:
I take it you cut a full coil off? if you can post up a pic I'd greatly appreciatie it.
Sorry it took so long. This was taken with the phone today, not too sure you can tell too much from this pic. It doesn't really show the minimal rake it still has from the slant in the driveway. They are approximately 24 1/2 in back and 24 1/8 or less in front to the lip of the fenders(can't remember for sure, I measured 'em when installed).
Omahadriveway1.jpg

Overall, I love the way it handles and rides. I've driven about 1000 miles in the last week or so and have had no handling or bouncing issues. May take 1/4 to 1/2 coil off at the end of the summer to even everything out, but that may just be asking for trouble.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back