What have you done to your MSP today?

i washed my speed, cleaned the battery terminals, filled battery with water, and took out the side markers to paint em amber until i realized that orange cap on paint can doesnt always mean orange paint. doh.

I got my BOV and Ram Intake Installed today. BOV was a pain in the ass.... ran into some problems, but I got it running good till I can get a replacement BOV from the one that broke today.

Bakum said:
I got my BOV and Ram Intake Installed today. BOV was a pain in the ass.... ran into some problems, but I got it running good till I can get a replacement BOV from the one that broke today.

if its an HKS i bet you ran into problems with the c clamp.....thats my guess because i have a dint in my hood that serves as a reminder on how to properly install c clamps

MSP608 said:
if its an HKS i bet you ran into problems with the c clamp.....thats my guess because i have a dint in my hood that serves as a reminder on how to properly install c clamps

Actually it was a Greddy Type RS, the adjustment Locking Screw was stripped in the top, so when i tried to adjust it, it popped out. I have a temporary fix with a Type S BOV that my friend let me borrow until i can get the RS returned and replaced.

I did debate on the HKS SSQ because I heard how it sounds on my buddy's GTI and I liked it, But I had an extra Greddy flange in the Garage so I bought a Greddy BOV so I wouldn't have to buy a new flange, for the HKS.

RacerXGirl:

I actually am not too sure yet, because now my turbo sounds (actually better) like there's not as much "resistance" if you will from the filter, so i dunno if i knocked my injen off of it or what, I would assume that this is the case though, or that it came loose. I actually don't know what all happened yet cos I haven't popped the hood...waiting for insurance guy.

(pissed)

I installed my used apex 2.5" catted midpipe. Felt good for about 2 minutes till the heatsoak kicked in, lol. I'm hating summer, can't hardly get it warmed up before it heatsoaks. Then i noticed a slightly funky noise on harder starts, thought maybe it was bangin on somethin, so i did the hose clamp around the exhuast hangers trick to get less movement on the exhuast, we'll see later if that fixes it.

jmv said:
I installed my used apex 2.5" catted midpipe. Felt good for about 2 minutes till the heatsoak kicked in, lol. I'm hating summer, can't hardly get it warmed up before it heatsoaks. Then i noticed a slightly funky noise on harder starts, thought maybe it was bangin on somethin, so i did the hose clamp around the exhuast hangers trick to get less movement on the exhuast, we'll see later if that fixes it.

upgrade that intercooler!

mine is not an mp3 but i installed a cf grill and cf eyelids to match the newly added cf hood!

mspHtown said:
upgrade that intercooler!

thats the next step!! i took it out tonight and it was really great, it was nice and cool for texas summer and i could really feel it pulling.

Bolted on my dope new valve cover w/custom paint :rolleyes: Sometimes you need to go backwards to move forward - The MSP cover is on it's way to the new owner.
Shitcover.jpg

Bala de Plata said:
Bolted on my dope new valve cover w/custom paint :rolleyes: Sometimes you need to go backwards to move forward - The MSP cover is on it's way to the new owner.
Shitcover.jpg

You are great!!!

well i dont consider this something i did more like it did it to itself but my radio managed to screw up. it just randomly cut off started to close then stopped halfway open. and now it doesnt work at all.

Well for three whole days now, I have FINALLY been able to drive it! I've had the car 14 months and been able to drive it two out of them all 'cuz i'm dumb and lost my license. But now I'm baaaaaack!! This will not be good for my checking account.(boom07)

MSP608 said:
well i dont consider this something i did more like it did it to itself but my radio managed to screw up. it just randomly cut off started to close then stopped halfway open. and now it doesnt work at all.

Replace it!! It doesn't matter how many times you get the stock unit fixed it's just going to keep messing up. Damn refurbished units (chair).

But as far as what I did to my MSP today...... I went to the body shop and got handed a $1,970.19 estimate..... That I'm gonna have to pay out of my own pocket cuz insurance won't cover it (pissed).

Back