What have you done to your MSP today?

Did a 3 step polish plus wax on it, took me a little over 4 hours..Also painted the upper and lower grille with Gloss Black paint with multi-color metallic flake like the stock Black Mica to match the hood. This was Sunday though, I'm slacking at posting.

PARK_1.sized.jpg

Earlier this week, I re-shoed the stock MSP wheels - these are the real new shoes and UPS dropped them off yesterday. Imported from Japan, 18 x 7.5 x 48mm offset w/ 215/40/18 Pirellis (center cap withheld for guesses - hint the manufacturer makes automotive lights) the finish matches the 2003.5 MSP Racing Harts and the combo weighs in lighter.

18mspwheels1.jpg

18mspwheels2.jpg

man.....i thought about starting a thread like this a few weeks back after seeing the p5 one grow.....but i haven't done anything to my speed today. in fact i haven't gotten to do anything at all for like 3 weeks now. she's sitting in a secret location all tucked away and covered till i return to the states in another 2.5 months....but heres a beautiful pic of her on the last hour i got to drive her around....
hoodpainted.jpg

Yesterday I took my car in to be serviced at Cory-Fairbanks Mazda (located in the Orlando Florida area). They have always treated me respectfully and professionally, from the service manager to the technicians, the latter of which I have been impressed with. I should also add that they have never given me any grief about the modifications I have done to my car. Here's what was done:

(1) An oil and filter change using Amsoil 10W-30 and the OEM filter.

(2) Mounting and balancing of my Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires. I concur with everything Ping said about them. I purchsed them from Tire Rack for $72.31 each, including shipping and the $100 rebate (not to mention that I will get the soundtrack of the "Cars" movie too).

(3) An alignment, which was sorely needed, and

(4) The front rotors were turned (under warrenty).

All this work was performed at 25,000 miles. I might have been able to squeeze another 5,000 miles out of the Potenza 040's, but the noise level and impact harshness were beyond my threshold of comfort.

^^^
Wheels look good. I'm guessing those are the PIAA mesh wheels? :)

I didn't do much this weekend. Did an oil change and washed the car. The other thing I did was I took apart my rear deck and adding a shitload of weather stripping foam to dampen vibration. I had a bad vibration when driving and on the highway. it was more like a buzzing noise that plastic makes. I noticed a few screws were loose back there, so I tightened them down. Great news, no more vibration, took about 30 mins from start to finish. Very easy to do if you were thinking about doing it.

ChopstickHero said:
^^^
Wheels look good. I'm guessing those are the PIAA mesh wheels? :)

(first) Token rep given (when are they gonna fix that?)

I installed both 03.5 lips front and back and i'm still waiting for the wing to be finished.

Sub'n.

I was also thinking about starting a copy cat thread like this but didn't have the will power. ;)

Anyways, not much has happened to the Speed lately. I keep it in top notch condition, washing 1-3 times per week, approaching 12K miles. Waiting on CF grille, midpipe, and other accessories to come in.

Either SU or MAM need to get off their ass and make a cold pipe to allow the blow by MAF setup already. I've been anticipating this for too long.

Slow modder pics coming soon.

Last edited:
Had mine detaile dfrom top to bottom. She is going to go into a car show today with a bunch of old farts..lol

Back