What have you done to your MSP today?

low_psi said:
Well, its not gonna happen tonight. Can't get the damn driver's side axle into place. It was a PITA to get out and now it wants to stay out I guess...
yeah its those damn retaining rings, they are a PITA big time, I had to smack mine gently but firmly with a nice soft copper hammer.

Velocifero said:
I have a MSP (TOKICO HP), I just say DX wantabe because I have no wing.

yea i saw your msp at palooza. idk if you remember me but i was the one that was askin about your cracked s pipe n told you you were the reason i got the vibrant exhaust haha. thanks again for puttin those videos up a lonnnggg time ago in the exhaust sticky. that really swayed me from the others out there cuz yours sounded so good.....thought you meant springs/struts on the p5 you were talkin about

MSP608 said:
yea i saw your msp at palooza. idk if you remember me but i was the one that was askin about your cracked s pipe n told you you were the reason i got the vibrant exhaust haha. thanks again for puttin those videos up a lonnnggg time ago in the exhaust sticky. that really swayed me from the others out there cuz yours sounded so good.....thought you meant springs/struts on the p5 you were talkin about
right, I remember you, I was just saying that I have P5 springs on my car instead of sedan ones.

nvmsp whered you get the blue interior dome light? got any pics of your car, mod list in sig looks good

Velocifero said:
yeah its those damn retaining rings, they are a PITA big time, I had to smack mine gently but firmly with a nice soft copper hammer.

Yep. I gave it another go today and after a few choice words and another round of hammer blows it gave up and went back into the tranny. The tranny shifts into all the gears and enjoys wheel spin :) I can't believe it works to be honest. A welded LSD is good piece of mind though.

low_psi said:
Yep. I gave it another go today and after a few choice words and another round of hammer blows it gave up and went back into the tranny. The tranny shifts into all the gears and enjoys wheel spin :) I can't believe it works to be honest. A welded LSD is good piece of mind though.
yep, thats on my list when I get to it. Simple solution to a potentially retard situation. When I get my block finnished and have everything off I plan on hitting that with the welder, not me personally, I am s**** at welding. I'll just have kcbhiw do it for me :)

lil trunk modification

Attachments

• DSCN1097.JPG
    DSCN1097.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 200
Jackelope said:
lil trunk modification
so you're gonna blend the latch piece and shave the badges? should look pretty good. I'll have to get a picture of mine today to post up

wowy thats clean.

im thinkin about trying painting the sides of the tail lights orange like msp03.5 and mp3josh. ohyea, am i the only one that noticed msp's have different tail lights from all other proteges?? the clear part has a pinkish tint to it and i didnt like that, so i swapped tails with an 02 ES guy in town.

msp (before i filled the holes in my trunk):

regular protege:

Last edited:
MSP608, I have regular sedan tail lights on my MSP and I think they look great. I wasn't a big fan of the pinkish tint.
PhotoshootE%20004.jpg

yea i think i might have read somewhere the pink thing is like jdm styling...lookin good low psi

I began the install of my MAM FMIC. I have about 6 hours into it and the only thing left to do is readjust the hood latch b/c now it is not catching. I'll definitly say that I would never ever like to do that again.

EDIT: Attached is a pic of the install early on. Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality.

Attachments

• 120206_17561.jpg
    120206_17561.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
be glad it wasnt a perrin...nightmare and a half. the hardpipes they sent me were both too long, luckily ********** was kind enough to cut them and re do the lip on the ends since i bought thru them. i should have gone with something smaller, for what the msp produces theres just no need for an intercooler that large. but the bling factor sure is nice(bling)

MSP608 said:
be glad it wasnt a perrin...nightmare and a half. the hardpipes they sent me were both too long, luckily ********** was kind enough to cut them and re do the lip on the ends since i bought thru them. i should have gone with something smaller, for what the msp produces theres just no need for an intercooler that large. but the bling factor sure is nice(bling)
That sucks dude. Atleast Cullen worked it out for you, he is a good guy. The bumper on mine did not want to go back on for anything. That was the hardest part of the project. I think I may have a few adjustments left but hopefully nothing serious.

^ that is an actual picture :)

Velocifero said:
so you're gonna blend the latch piece and shave the badges? should look pretty good. I'll have to get a picture of mine today to post up

as said several times here is a shot of my most recent changes: shaved wing and Mazdaspeed badge (moved to front), body colored all badges adn lisense surround.

Attachments

• IMG_5207.2.JPG
    IMG_5207.2.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_5214.JPG
    IMG_5214.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 200
Velocifero said:
as said several times here is a shot of my most recent changes: shaved wing and Mazdaspeed badge (moved to front), body colored all badges adn lisense surround.

Clean (2thumbs)

Back