What have you done to your MSP today?

i switched to winter mode with steelies, ski rack, sri, new wipers! now all i need is snow!

Jackelope said:
I got my trunk shaved/modified - will post pix when i remember to bring them to work!

I'm considering doing the wingless thing too...maybe towards springtime.

Velocifero said:
been there .... done that... its hot
I know, I know. Your car has been the impetus in my thinking of going wingless. It looks killer on yours...

RacerXGirl said:
I know, I know. Your car has been the impetus in my thinking of going wingless. It looks killer on yours...
why thank you thank you, lots of thanks goes out to the peeps that made that possible, also the members of the GACC and sub affiliate LACC

Velocifero said:
why thank you thank you, lots of thanks goes out to the peeps that made that possible, also the members of the GACC and sub affiliate LACC

(first) your trophy, after such a wonderful acceptance speech. :D

ive been toying with the idea of going wingless too! ill have to see after i relower the rear with falken springs maybe get rid of some of the tein s-tech induced rake. the shaved look is definitely hot, mazdaspeed and protege badges off and holes filled looks nice n cleannn. plus people reeeaaally cant figure out what my car is haha.

not goin' wingless... looks like this: (quick photochop)

Attachments

• TRUNK-CHOP.jpg
    TRUNK-CHOP.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 192
MSP608 said:
ive been toying with the idea of going wingless too! ill have to see after i relower the rear with falken springs maybe get rid of some of the tein s-tech induced rake. the shaved look is definitely hot, mazdaspeed and protege badges off and holes filled looks nice n cleannn. plus people reeeaaally cant figure out what my car is haha.
I did shave my mazdaspeed badge, but left the "M" and my Famila badge, but I did paint all my badges and the license plate surround body color, I was a little worried about it at first, but once finnished I was and still am very happy. So you had the Falkens and went to the Teins? and you are going back? I have the falkens for the P5 on there now and am happy, but I have a set of teins for the P5 sitting here and I was gonna see if I liked the handling better than the falkens. I can't go much lower due to my exhaust cut out hanging down.

Jackelope said:
not goin' wingless... looks like this: (quick photochop)
you should come down and visit my buddy that did my trunk, he'll shave your trunk and if you want can do your tails in a gloss black like his, they look really good on his blacked out P5, ask racerx. He'll do it for a great price too.

Velocifero said:
you should come down and visit my buddy that did my trunk, he'll shave your trunk and if you want can do your tails in a gloss black like his, they look really good on his blacked out P5, ask racerx. He'll do it for a great price too.

Adam's car does look smooth. Unbelievably low too!!!

na i have the s-tech's on now but since tein didnt do their hw in realizing the msp tokico blues had different perches from the regular tokico blues the rear doesnt go down one bit. i happened to find some falken springs for sale in state and picked em up for 80 bucks. im just hoping i dont have the same strut problem. if i do ill just buy two new rear struts i guess. i cant stand the rear way up in the air. im pretty sure its thrown off my handling for autox too, not to mention i look like im doing an endo in the car when i hit the brakes.........i left the mazda logo on my trunk, just looks too naked with nothing cept a license plate

I think the car is coming off jackstands today, horray!! I'm tired of driving a STS w/ a blown headgasket on one bank.

Hopefully adding Fogs to 3.5 MSP this weekend, that is if the brackets show up in time! Also rewiring my AFC and Stereo System to remove some of the ground wire whine I've been getting recently

MSP608 said:
na i have the s-tech's on now but since tein didnt do their hw in realizing the msp tokico blues had different perches from the regular tokico blues the rear doesnt go down one bit. i happened to find some falken springs for sale in state and picked em up for 80 bucks. im just hoping i dont have the same strut problem. if i do ill just buy two new rear struts i guess. i cant stand the rear way up in the air. im pretty sure its thrown off my handling for autox too, not to mention i look like im doing an endo in the car when i hit the brakes.........i left the mazda logo on my trunk, just looks too naked with nothing cept a license plate
you won't have that problem withthe falkens, at least not if they are the P5 ones, there is no gap really.

low_psi said:
I think the car is coming off jackstands today, horray!! I'm tired of driving a STS w/ a blown headgasket on one bank.

Well, its not gonna happen tonight. Can't get the damn driver's side axle into place. It was a PITA to get out and now it wants to stay out I guess...

Induced massive (unexpected, but controlled) oversteer while lightly scrubbing off speed during a 50 mph sweeper when I entered the turn a little hot. It was like I was in a freakin' drift competition. Lifting off the throttle brought me right back in line. This is the first time I've ever had a fwd car do this when an e-brake was not involved. :)

This happened on a late night canyon run to see what effects cranking the Illuminas down from kill (5 front / 4 rear) to 2 front / 1 rear would have. I'm running Espelir springs that are linear in the front and progressive in the rear along with evolv's AutoX (clunk fix) brackets. I have been trying to tune the Illuminas for my combo and it's been driving me nuts. 5/4 is right where I want it for max control, but the harsh ride is starting to wear on me. It was a real eye-opener just how hard I could push the car at the lower settings and still have some decent comfort in a straight line.

Back