What have you done to your MSP today?

i get so pissed off some times when i don't get something right, i have broken countless shoplights by throwing them across the garage, tools are not so lucky either, wrenches have got'n stuck in the wall, i might have anger problems

(boom07)

I bet that might stop if you end up accidentally hitting your car with a wrench that bounces off of something...

(boom07)

I bet that might stop if you end up accidentally hitting your car with a wrench that bounces off of something...

lol, amazingly that hasn't happened yet (knock on wood) the garage is plenty big though, big enough for a failed Ricochet attemt :)

I just tightned them until they stopped. There's not a gradual increase in required torquing, they just... stop turning. Just like that. (eekdance)

thats way to tight. u actually do more bad than good, when u tighten it that hard it crushes the gasket so it cant seal properly. u want to hand tighten then turn 1/4 - 1/2 turn. thats all u need. just a fyi

Oh, I didn't tighen them hard (I hope); I'm terrified of screwing something up since I'm a n00b under the hood. At the first hint of resistance, I let off. It went from turning happily to wrench stoppage, so I stopped.

yea they will seem like they are loose kinda but they still seal cause of the metal gasket. u just dont want to go too tight cause you run the risk of leaks and stripping the head. which is no fun for anyone lol im sure its fine, i was just letting you know how to properly put them in, cause id hate for u to have issues.

(boom07)

he'd probably get even more pissed and throw something bigger. then it would all just go downhill from there.

Oh, I didn't tighen them hard (I hope); I'm terrified of screwing something up since I'm a n00b under the hood. At the first hint of resistance, I let off. It went from turning happily to wrench stoppage, so I stopped.

This is why they make torque wrenches and torque specs. Although I am guilty of not using either. I know lug nuts are supposed to be in the 70s, so if something needs to be in the 40s, I just tighten it about half that of a lug nut. Thankfully Christmas is coming up as well as my birthday, and I have a 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 torque wrenches on my wish list.

Well it ended today, but started a little over two weeks ago:

-Installed new turbo mani including: mani>head, mani>turbo, turbo>s-pipe, s-pipe>j-pipe gaskets. One new stud on the turbo (thanks Korey!)
-fixed oil leak from when CS s-pipe sheared in half and baked the oil return hose, replaced hose with OEM and new gasket.
-removed radiator to have leak found and repaired, two weld locations when I got it back.
-Installed a MX-6 rear strut tower bar (write up coming).
-pulled all four corners off the car and finally set them all up properly, raised the front a little so the cutout doesn't bottom out as easily and lowered the rear a touch so that I didn't have such an insane rack, set all cambers equal so it could be aligned correctly.
-rotated tires and had the two with nails in them plugged (thanks Korey!)
-rebolted the passenger side mount on the rear sway bar again. I snap bolts off on that thing like they are pretzels all the time.
-and the achilles' heal of my repair work, fixed the transmission leak from the alxe seal. This actually went really smoothly up until I had to put the axle back in and it wouldn't go, on several ocasions over many days it would not go, several people who have all done this before could not get it in. So I removed the clip on the axle to see if that was the problem, it was. Decided to see what happens if you leave it off and installed the axle, went in easily. wheels turned, everything seemed fine. Nope, fluid started pouring out after I turned the car off. So me thinking of how rough I was with the axle trying to get it back in previously thought I probably knicked the new seal, luckily I had bought an extra, installed it and got the same result, fliud leaking out rapidly. Trail and error caught up to me and I actually tested the axle with my hand and could slide it in and out just a touch. I's slide it in and it wouldn't leak, slide it out and it poured. So I decided that the clip needs to be back on. No harm done, just time/labor, alittle lubrication, some skin off the knuckles... So I search NAPA to see if I can just get a new clip, nope. Today I sat there studying the clip and it looked a little off, might be the problem, so I grinded that little b**** down some. had to take a little off each edge then finally I got the axle clicked in. I don't know what messed the clip up, my diff broke a coupel months ago and I am thinking that or maybe I yanked it too hard removing the axle that first time and bent it a little.

still have little things to do like clean the mess that is my car and reorganize my tools, reassemble the rear deck too. All and all I hope everything is gonna hold together, but I still feel accomplished as I always do after working on her. If all is well then I will be dynoing the mani on Thrusday.

Last edited:
welcome on all acounts...i have more blood and sweat into most of the GACC cars than i care to rememeber or count lol. I am glad that clip got fixed i figured it would just need bending or grinding.

welcome on all acounts...i have more blood and sweat into most of the GACC cars than i care to rememeber or count lol. I am glad that clip got fixed i figured it would just need bending or grinding.

ur gonna add one more to that list when you help me with the meth injection kit :) thanks ahead of time

well man at least you got it back and it wasnt totally gutted alot of ppl that get there s*** stolen arent as lucky as you are. and another thing thats why insurance now just sit back and collect a big hefty insurance check and go to town

DUDE!!! wtf?>>!>
mang, i feel your pain...not only did they stole your s*** but also fucke dupo your car in the process...

total loss?

funny thing is...now it is really "ITSLOW"

hopefuly you get what you deserve for it and be able to get back on your feet quick...

Back