What have you done to your MSP today?

I drove my car in my first autocross event yesterday! It's so much fun!!! My car needs a bit of changes for autocross though, sticky tires, maybe a little less power. The track was setup for higher speeds and I was hitting 75mph on a banked turn just before going into a chicane. I'll have to practice a lot to get good at it but I had a lot of fun!

Im probably going to check around some pawn shops in the next few days for them..

Put the new thermostat in on Saturday and it did the trick. Running just under 1/2 on the temp gauge, just like normal. Plus she got taken to the carwash place and washed/vacuumed... :)

i should be doing them next weekend...how did you make sure they were torqued enough? lol i dont want to overtighten...

i should be doing them next weekend...how did you make sure they were torqued enough? lol i dont want to overtighten...

turn them until they start to get tight. Then turn them a 1/4 turn and you are done. You dont want them too tight or you could end up breaking one off in the engine trying to get them out the next time.

(eek2)(eek2) I found rust on the inside, lower portion of my driver's side door. (eek2)(eek2) I'm going to get in there with some sand paper, rust preventer, and paint some time this week or on the weekend. I'm also going to check all the other doors, fenders, trunk, etc to see if there are any other places rust might be starting.

Isn't their a paint and finish warranty on the car for an extended period of time past the normal warranty?

A car made in '03 shouldn't be rusting at all... Take it to the dealer.

Isn't their a paint and finish warranty on the car for an extended period of time past the normal warranty?

A car made in '03 shouldn't be rusting at all... Take it to the dealer.
You're totally right about that one, rust and corrosion, but I can't find the information on it on the net any where. I want to say it's 7 years, 100k miles, but I'm not sure. If they run a car fax though, they may try and blame it on the two driver's side door incidents I've had. Plus I don't want to be without my car again for an extended period of time. Maybe I'll take it in after the autocross on the 29th.

Well, I found out the lowdown on my car..

They took the radio, the system, the wheels, ****** up my dash some, busted the back corner window and there are scratches/scuffs all down the car..

Well, I found out the lowdown on my car..

They took the radio, the system, the wheels, ****** up my dash some, busted the back corner window and there are scratches/scuffs all down the car..

OUCH, insurance?

ok this weekend i pulled the turbo assembly, pulled off the power steering and one ac line, extracted 4 broken bolts, installed my thunder mani for the 2nd time, installed my atp wastegate actuator, rr racing front insert, awr side inserts, put my fmic and sri back on, new lower grill,and that about covers it needless to say im pretty worn out seeing as i did most of it by my self

ok this weekend i pulled the turbo assembly, pulled off the power steering and one ac line, extracted 4 broken bolts, installed my thunder mani for the 2nd time, installed my atp wastegate actuator, rr racing front insert, awr side inserts, put my fmic and sri back on, new lower grill,and that about covers it needless to say im pretty worn out seeing as i did most of it by my self

i never get help with my car either man so i feel ur, well, worn outness lol

I purchased some solder copper wick and very thin solder from Radio Shack, and another broken Kenwood unit from a forum member (up to three broken units now). I'm crazy I know, but I am going to try and repair two of the three broken units, then sell the third face plate on eBay.

I just tightned them until they stopped. There's not a gradual increase in required torquing, they just... stop turning. Just like that. (eekdance)

Haha - same here ... it's always a thrash session

i get so pissed off some times when i don't get something right, i have broken countless shoplights by throwing them across the garage, tools are not so lucky either, wrenches have got'n stuck in the wall, i might have anger problems

Back