What have you done to your MSP today?

if the cavalier is anything like the coils on my 2.2l S-10 (don't know that they're the same configuration but I wasn't going to try to compare my truck to a protege LOL).... trust me... its a whole different ballgame than having em perched up on the valve cover for you.

your BEST bet is to do your own damn work. lol my time is free to me!

well yeah there is that too...i am talking about people that just dont have the will or knowhow to do things. Case and point i just spent an entire weekend installing a turbo upgrade kit for a srt4 charged the guy $700 which is alot less than he would have paid going elsewhere, i made a nice chunk of change, and he wouldnt have been able to do it himself even if he wanted to.

only time I won't do my own timing belt is on an interference engine..

if you can do one on a non interference you can do it on an interference....the key is to triple check you are on time and then rotate the crank by hand at least 4 times to make sure everything is right and the timing lines back up correctly every two rotations of the crank

I guess I don't understand people that drive cars like an SRT/SS/MS/TRD/SVT/etc and don't know how to spin a wrench on one. Choosing not to because of warranty or something like that I totally respect... plus then the work is covered anyway. Once you're out of warranty though, if you care enough about your car to want that kinda stuff, learn it..

i'm prb being elitest again. lol
I don't have the time, place and nor have I done it before. Plus at that price plus parts you can't beat that.

you got a deal.. I'd prb go for that if I had to do a timing belt pronto... I have to drive to my rents (half hour) to do any real work... otherwise I have my buddy's garage across town for simple stuff..

if you can do one on a non interference you can do it on an interference....the key is to triple check you are on time and then rotate the crank by hand at least 4 times to make sure everything is right and the timing lines back up correctly every two rotations of the crank

yeah, its functionally no different.. you just have to be a LOT more careful when the stakes are that high... that would start to scare me, especially with the consiquenses being what they are.

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand people that drive cars like an SRT/SS/MS/TRD/SVT/etc and don't know how to spin a wrench on one. Choosing not to because of warranty or something like that I totally respect... plus then the work is covered anyway. Once you're out of warranty though, if you care enough about your car to want that kinda stuff, learn it..

you got a deal.. I'd prb go for that if I had to do a timing belt pronto...

I think a lot of that has to do with the same issues why I dont do my own T-belt replacement. Never done it, dont have a spot to do it, cant aford down time while trying to figure it out, dotn have proper tools, ect.. ect..

trust me with what he did to his MP3 its probably better that way. Some people dont have the know how to do things but want to go fast so they pay people to do it for them. Case and point your buddy miguel lol

trust me with what he did to his MP3 its probably better that way. Some people dont have the know how to do things but want to go fast so they pay people to do it for them. Case and point your buddy miguel lol
buddie buddy budie budy buhdie

that dude hates me. lol

I totally see where the shop is coming from, trust me, but I took it there in the first place because I was willing to trade some of my money for a little bit of free time. If the price was right, I would have paid it and moved on. Everything I took the car in to get worked on are items I can do myself, but its freakin cold in the garage and I work most days.

That said, I'm gonna suck it up and do it myself cause I have no problem getting cold in exchange for a $700 savings!

Well it's good to know that Subi owners can appreciate a car for it's handling capabilities and not just whether or not it puts down 300 ponies.

Well it's good to know that Subi owners can appreciate a car for it's handling capabilities and not just whether or not it puts down 300 ponies.

I agree. I ran into a sti guy earlier today. Gave me props for a sick car. I was shocked to get that type of reply from a subie guy.

Sampled some metal flake paint at work to find out if my spray gun is suitable to spray pearl midcoats.
Got my paint sampled so I can fix this this weekend =(

Attachments

• feck.jpg
    feck.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 143
no tears. so some time with a heatgun and a peice of wood should get it mostly out. and i can fill the little crease thats left over. just more worried about the paint. $80 for the yellow and the midcoat lol... like a pint of each..

no tears. so some time with a heatgun and a peice of wood should get it mostly out. and i can fill the little crease thats left over. just more worried about the paint. $80 for the yellow and the midcoat lol... like a pint of each..

I hear you. I smacked mine up when it was cold... so it cracked instead of deforming... my repair job wasn't perfect and the FMIC pushing it around didn't help either. I'm just glad I didn't spend a lot on paint so I'll redo the repair at some point... hopefully spring.

my car isn't black mica =) though id like a black msp. that would be sex.

if this repair works well for me, ill take the rear lip off and fix a scuff i put in it, but i get the impression if i lower the car im gonna have a lot more little marks pop up here. eventaully, ill just have to get to a point of not caring unless its like... cracked or crunched like my lip.

sucks.. i was gonna buy a corksport exhaust off a friend this month. trying to get it before baby is born cause i wont get to buy anymore car s*** for a while.

Back