What have you done to your MSP today?

It is still around...but the body is GONE...holes in the floor, wheel wells are gone, trunk floor, mounting point for left trailing arm is about to fall off. But it does still start and drive...but some of it's parts are carrying over to this, but the KL is going away. It has been a pain the last 6 years or so get a sticker, so for the MSP I am thinking keeping it mostly stock and just enjoy it. I have the MS6 if I want to feel some decent power.

The salt is Killing these cars. I picked up a MS6 back in january with a blown transfer case. It going up for sale in a few weeks though. I still prefer driving the MSP over it.

Well, the P5 is getting sold to my friend as soon as I install the replacement engine and transmission. What's next? Hmm... Miata (NA or NB), B Series (early 80's to early 90's), RX7 (FB or FC) or a bike.

There's an '84 B2000 locally that runs for $750.00. Was thinking about buying it and turning it into a "rat rod". I really like those trucks and would prefer it over the 86+ B series, but would take one of those.

Or just spend a couple thousand bucks on the MS3.

Last edited:
you should pick up an msp. mhmm. yup. done deal. decision made.

If I wanted to do that, it'd just make sense to use all of my OEM MSP parts and install them to the P5. That's what my plan was, but I'd rather do something else. I think it's time for me to leave the BJ chassis behind completely.

I've also got ARP studs, ARP flywheel bolts an K1 rods for an FS. If I had pistons I could have a "built engine" for it.

Yeah, Im sure it has. Originally was a florida car i guess, and then the guy I bought it from brought it up here to New England. Anyone has the list of production numbers so I can just do a broad search for this car and see who had it on here.

AWESOME!, couldnt find that thread, I found the one with the two links to MazdaUSA's website that no longer work.

Edit: Apparently, my MSP is #563

Last edited:
I saw that car on Craigslist and thought about using it as a parts car, nice pick up man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was hoping to pick up a used haltech pretty soon, but looks like i need to buy winter tires and a new front caliper =\ i might upgrade to ms6 front brakes, or at least m6s. sucks as i just did the pads and rotors in the summer heh.
also considering a redo on my intercooler setup. the size is fine and the piping is working just fine, but the intake slurping sound is starting to bother me and the hks is just too obnoxious for the draily drive. thinking of going for a slightly taller core as i tucked the intercooler up into the crashbar and trying out a GFB dual port bov and full cai instead of the sri im running. pretty hard to tone down a bright yellow car, but the turbo spooling is just too loud for 7 psi.

was hoping to pick up a used haltech pretty soon, but looks like i need to buy winter tires and a new front caliper =\ i might upgrade to ms6 front brakes, or at least m6s. sucks as i just did the pads and rotors in the summer heh.
also considering a redo on my intercooler setup. the size is fine and the piping is working just fine, but the intake slurping sound is starting to bother me and the hks is just too obnoxious for the draily drive. thinking of going for a slightly taller core as i tucked the intercooler up into the crashbar and trying out a GFB dual port bov and full cai instead of the sri im running. pretty hard to tone down a bright yellow car, but the turbo spooling is just too loud for 7 psi.

What side caliper?

driver side. i could prob just as easily order a rebuild kit.

Busy weekend outside of cars, but still managed to squeeze in some time to get some little things done.

Replaced a wheel stud on the back right.

Got the rear calipers apart (seized caliper slide pins). Passenger side gave to PB and a rubber mallet, the driverside was much harder, lots of heat, 2.5lbs sledge hammer, pb, rinse repeat... Then the slide pin snapped when trying to unscrew from the bracket. Luckily my machinist friend saved the day and got that sorted.

Also, met a guy some what local to pickup a cheap mid-pipe, ended up getting a radio bezel and shift boot tossed in, and snagged the P5 Headlights for $60/pair. Now, I have decided to paint the housings and retrofit

im half looking for another p5 lol. since i moved to nanaimo, ive put like 6k on my car... I want to get a high milage p5 i can drive the long distances and leave winter tires on much of the year. i missed one in van for $500 but there is another one in port alberni for a good price that looks pretty good aside from a rusty hatch.
i just dont want to get one with rusty fenders. i can handle a little funk though.
there is a 1.6 liter 2000 in victoria im half tempted to get as he only wants $500 for it. but meh. if i get another pro id like to have a wagon for utility. the 1.6 would be amazing for the commute though. all highway.
if i had the money for it, there is a laser in van that is pretty loaded and in good condition. all the options and leather.. $3500 is a little high though for anything over 200km. if i end up with another silver one or black, i might paint it laser just cause i like that color quite a lot. and it will look so sexy next to my yellow msp. funny how insuring two cars year round will cost me less than finding a place to store one lol.

Last edited:
**** living in a place where I'm forced to park my car in the winter. No way.

Busy day yesterday working on the MSP. Waiting for parts to come in so I am focusing on cosmetics and other fixes I can do without anything new.

1. Painted my 03.5 lip off my 00 Protege 16w to replace the cracked and warped 03 lip on the car. Also, it will look better with the 03.5 spoiler on the car and 03.5 axle back that will be going on this off the 00 protege.

2. Got it on the car too..

3. Painted some trim that was a bit beat up

4.Wired up the Pioneer Avic-D1 and got that working. Found that the driver front speaker is a bit weak. Might have to swap a speaker from the 00.

And as I was laying under the back of the car getting the lip on I admired how clean this car is underneath. My 00 has nothing but rust and rot under.

Back