What have you done to your MSP today?

Yeah I always loved the look of these cars without the wing besides that they aren't really functional so might as well delete it! I still have them though if I ever want to go back to the wing look but I doubt it haha.

I dig the 03.5 wing a lot better than the 03. I wanted to delete it the first few years I had the car but I prefer having it on there now.

Yeah I always loved the look of these cars without the wing besides that they aren't really functional so might as well delete it! I still have them though if I ever want to go back to the wing look but I doubt it haha.

So which one is the beater? I can't tell

Neither are beaters! Both are well cared for and modified/improved on a regular basis which my girlfriend loves. The beater as it were would be her Volvo S60 a fact which she also loves haha. That said the MP3 gets more drive time probably because I seem to be working on the MSP more often...

Just bought a forged engine from Speed Circuit (Wiseco pistons, K1 rods), just waiting for the build and shipment. I might get their ported head too, I dunno yet.

Yea, I emailed him back and forth a little bit because I was having trouble paying (card had a limit, I didn't realize). Seems like a really nice dude. I'm excited to get it in and start bolting on some upgrades, maybe end up taking it to a dyno.

after coming up short on finding an Injen intake in the classifieds, and not being willing to pay full price for a brand new one, because it's way overpriced for what it is. I decided to make my own intake and hot pipe, including a 1" port for the bypass valve and a Bosch bypass valve that I had laying around. Total cost $45.00, being able to hear the turbo spool up and have a nice whoosh between shifts: Priceless.

It doesn't look pretty at the moment, but I plan to grind down the welds and give it a nice coat of paint in the future.

Shoot man you should have asked, I have an Injen and an AEM intake in my garage. I prefer my homemade short ram

Shoot man you should have asked, I have an Injen and an AEM intake in my garage. I prefer my homemade short ram

Ahhh, ohh well, This works well and I enjoy any opportunity to fire up my welder. No one happens to have an upgraded SMIC they're looking to get rid of? that's what I'll be in the market for next. I thought about Front mount, which I custom made one on my old laserblue MSP a few years back, but for simplicity and the fact that I just bought a brand new radiator I would prefer a side mount. Also, FYI, anyone looking for a factory replacment radiator for the MSP I can verify that this: http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2003/mazda/protege/cooling_system/radiator.html part number W0133-1759622 is an exact fit, and the best price around.

Ahhh, ohh well, This works well and I enjoy any opportunity to fire up my welder. No one happens to have an upgraded SMIC they're looking to get rid of? that's what I'll be in the market for next. I thought about Front mount, which I custom made one on my old laserblue MSP a few years back, but for simplicity and the fact that I just bought a brand new radiator I would prefer a side mount. Also, FYI, anyone looking for a factory replacment radiator for the MSP I can verify that this: http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2003/mazda/protege/cooling_system/radiator.html part number W0133-1759622 is an exact fit, and the best price around.
I have the upgraded side mount would you trade for the stock and maybe some cash. I like to keep a bike up stock set aside just in case.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

anyone have info on south bend clutches? they seem to be super cheap in cost, hoping they're effective too?

I've got their stage 2 drag clutch. No complaints.. I think the pedal/engagement is better than an act extreme and it held up well over the summer, also with a few runs down the drag strip @ 12.8

I've got their stage 2 drag clutch. No complaints.. I think the pedal/engagement is better than an act extreme and it held up well over the summer, also with a few runs down the drag strip @ 12.8

cool. i was thinking of getting the stage 2 endurance. is the clutch pedal any stiffer than a stock msp clutch setup? i wouldn't want it to be.

cool. i was thinking of getting the stage 2 endurance. is the clutch pedal any stiffer than a stock msp clutch setup? i wouldn't want it to be.

The pedal is slightly stiffer than stock but nowhere near anything that will cause discomfort to one's left leg. The 6-puck disk took some getting used to though.. the engagement is not as forgiving as a street disk.

I picked up this MSP for $500 locally this past weekend. The last couple days have been spent cleaning, organizing parts, and forming a game plan. It has a good transmission that needs to be reassembled after the LSD was replaced. However, I am going to be taken the MFactory LSD from my KLZE protege to use in this. Once that is all done I will be starting the process of getting this thing back on the road. Have a few odds and ends missing, but it will be a fun project.

Side Note: Anyone still have the 03 Production number list? The Thread with the links no longer go to anything.

I picked up this MSP for $500 locally this past weekend. The last couple days have been spent cleaning, organizing parts, and forming a game plan. It has a good transmission that needs to be reassembled after the LSD was replaced. However, I am going to be taken the MFactory LSD from my KLZE protege to use in this. Once that is all done I will be starting the process of getting this thing back on the road. Have a few odds and ends missing, but it will be a fun project.

Side Note: Anyone still have the 03 Production number list? The Thread with the links no longer go to anything.

Awesome find, I just replied in the engine thread yesterday wondering if the KL Protege was still around.

It is still around...but the body is GONE...holes in the floor, wheel wells are gone, trunk floor, mounting point for left trailing arm is about to fall off. But it does still start and drive...but some of it's parts are carrying over to this, but the KL is going away. It has been a pain the last 6 years or so get a sticker, so for the MSP I am thinking keeping it mostly stock and just enjoy it. I have the MS6 if I want to feel some decent power.

Back