What have you done to your MSP today?

taking bets on how quickly that transmission booms. $5 buy in

323: 2 weeks

If I were to buy this, it's not getting anything crazy done to it. I've got to address quite a bit on it. But, it's cheap. I want it to have as an extra car just to sit in the driveway beside the MS3. If it were sunlight silver, I'd have probably already bought it. I've still got the P5 to finish. Just kind of sitting there on jack stands waiting for axles, exhaust and radiator to be reinstalled and it's done. Well, the A/C compressor, drier, low-side line and HVAC blower switch are left, too. And, technically, the tires.. So, yeah, damn it... Gotta address that.

Last edited:
Yeah, sitting there with it. Just being lazy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Got the motor done in 1574 Sunday night with the new bottom end seals. Car is running great, nice and quiet and very smooth. Now I need to fix the broken pipe inside the muffler since it is rattling around annoyingly, fix the broken windshield, finish removing the tint on the back window and double check the AC to figure out why the compressor stopped kicking on. Probably just a leak I need to track down. Feels good to drive it again, although I haven't gotten into boost with it until I have a few more miles on it and the bearings are broken in a little more.

Had a hour at work just waiting for a customer. So I replaced my rear rotors and pads on my 03 ES
I still need to adjust the e brake when I get home on Jack stands.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Those of you familiar with the protege song.... the background music in the song is background music in at least episode 25 of Idiotest...

Funny show(not this particular episode), but if you watch you'll hear the song:)

tKKWGYa.jpg

Got my exhaust manifold back from the shop with a fresh ceramic coating yesterday.

View attachment 216449

Got my exhaust manifold back from the shop with a fresh ceramic coating yesterday.

Nice, is that the V3? Mine has a different style font on it, still haven't installed it...

1574 threw a battery light today and started driving weird, I believe the alternator was acting up. Had to jump it after work, but the battery light never came on again, and the car started up just fine a couple hours later. All I did was disconnect and re-connect the harness that goes to the ALT. I swapped the alt. when I did the motor last week with my original 140amp MSP alternator from 1345. Hopefully it won't give me any more trouble. Going to finish stripping the paint off the BBSs this weekend, repaint them and get the AC working in 1574. Will hopefully work on removing some more of the tint on the back window as well.

Charged the AC in 1574 and heard a hissing when I shut the motor off. There are 4-5 pin holes all close together on the high side discharge hose. Going to pick one up locally and get that fixed later today. Will be nice to have AC again. Alternator that was acting up has been normal ever since. I guess I will wait to see if it gives me trouble again and replace it if it does.

i need to get a few of those ac lines as well. when it ook the engine out last year i think hanging the ac compressor tweaked them.

yesterday i changed my 160km trans to a 250km donor trans with working lsd. no more grinding while driving around off power or clanking when stopped with clutch out. msp still makes noise but now it might be axles or wheel bearings. less critical s*** until wheel bearings go i guess. also replaced my downstream o2 sensor with the donor car, so no more cel. car still has a weird rumble after driving for a while that comes and goes away on its own. but with the second o2 it seems to be less brutal. some weird running condition that doesnt throw a code..

also, when i was under there i wantedt o have a look at the hole i made with the jackstand, only to find it was on the DRIVER side.. soooo my passenger side footwell is leaking from some other means i guess. i have to get out of the shop I was working in, which means taking my second engine down to manable sized parts, returning the engine hoist, ect ect. my interior will get gutted in the coming weeks and ill spooge a bunch of seam sealer around the footwell area, and some deadening mat. new carpet goes in, new seats, my girl should be new again from the inside at least.

I do have an extra alternator if yu need horns, unless you wanted a new one specifically. i also have a spare ac compressor/condensor, pspump and a bunch of random stuff. decided there isnt a point in keeping this stuff around my limited space when a protege 5 can be had for like $500.

Just put a deposit on a corksport fmic, intake and his bov.

All for the msp, I should be doing some work on both cars this weekend

Thanks Valk. I was under the impression the MSP had a higher output alternator but I am unable to find any information confirming this now. I guess I will go ahead and reinstall my good spare alt that I had on the car before.

Either that or get an upgraded 140amp alt but that's not really necessary since I don't have a huge stereo or anything.

AC is working great, but the battery light comes on with the AC on so I have to swap the alternator.

Swapped my old alt back on 1574, with the AC on, high beams and stereo blasting it still works great, no battery light. Going to swap a new alt belt on it tomorrow and wash at least one of them since they are both filthy.

Still need to finish stripping the paint off the BBSs, repaint them, finish removing the tint on the back window of 1574 and get the windshield replaced still.

And 1345 needs the steedspeed, turbo and WG isntalled. So much to do so little time.

Sold the Protege5 Thursday night. I purchased my '03 Protege5 in March of 2007, owned it until March of 2011; purchased the MSP March 2011, sold it September 14, 2016; bought the '02 Protege5 in October of 2015, sold it May 4, 2017. Had a chance to snag the 03.5, but it was sold last Thursday (04/27). As of now, after 10 years, I'm no longer a Protege owner. I don't have any plans to own another, but if a decently priced MSP pops up I may get one, but otherwise, I'm done. It's been fun, met a lot of good people and enjoyed the cars. Best of luck to you guys who are hanging in there with this platform and all the will-be owners. Also, STOP PARTING THEM OUT!!!!

Sold the Protege5 Thursday night. I purchased my '03 Protege5 in March of 2007, owned it until March of 2011; purchased the MSP March 2011, sold it September 14, 2016; bought the '02 Protege5 in October of 2015, sold it May 4, 2017. Had a chance to snag the 03.5, but it was sold last Thursday (04/27). As of now, after 10 years, I'm no longer a Protege owner. I don't have any plans to own another, but if a decently priced MSP pops up I may get one, but otherwise, I'm done. It's been fun, met a lot of good people and enjoyed the cars. Best of luck to you guys who are hanging in there with this platform and all the will-be owners. Also, STOP PARTING THEM OUT!!!!
Take care man. Did you move into a different project?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back