What have you done to your MSP today?

baconbitz

:
2003 Spicy Orange MSP
So I thought if the P5's could have one of these we could to. Hopefully there are enough people doing things to their MSP's to keep this going. Ill start.

I finally got tired of my ghetto looking dual gauge pod and spent the money on a full a-pillar (thanks ********** (first) ). I'm going to paint it whenever I can get hold of some of the Krylon #3551 Classic Gray and then put it in. Im pretty sure everybody will be able to tell which is the old and which is the new. I hope to have pics of it installed by the end of the week.

Attachments

• DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,080
  • DSC00075.JPG
    DSC00075.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,758
Last edited by a moderator:
good stuff.. ghettoness hurts MSP's heart. Should look way better when installed. My car is bone stock so I don't do anything but wash and clean it. Today im cleaning under the hood.. that's about it.

well cuz of some issues with the one i just bought .... the boost guage... CAI... aftermarket SMIC ... have all been dissconnected... so yay! im back to stock minus the CF Grille but i should be putting the intercooler and boos guage back in ... i havnt decided on the cold air... i'd like to tho so i can hear my blow off again i miss my turky gobble..

baconbitz said:
So I thought if the P5's could have one of these we could to. Hopefully there are enough people doing things to their MSP's to keep this going.
copy cat! (peep)

j/k have fun with the thread guys (and gals)! we certainly do. :D

well i just got my goldline springs in and monday i should be receiving my cf grill and installing everything next weekend. recently i just put on my new rims, check my sig.

Just got done installing the Microtech LT10S. Haven't tried to start it yet because I'm a wimp...going to try in a few minutes.

Now I've got TWO cool threads to post in (once I actually start doin' stuff :))

i just got my apex midpipe in on wednesday, i'm waiting on the rear gasket and i'll install it.

Today, i ran a MF towel and some QD spray over it, because it got real dusty last night on an unpaved road, and we have company for my sisters wedding so i want it to look nice, but didn't have time for a full wash.

I haven't done anything today but 2 days ago I installed the Rotora slotted rotors and EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads. Amazing difference over stock. I can actually have a smooth stop now.

Bala de Plata said:
Now I've got TWO cool threads to post in (once I actually start doin' stuff :))
so get off your lazy ass and start doin' stuff already!!!!! :D

lokalmotive said:
I haven't done anything today but 2 days ago I installed the Rotora slotted rotors and EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads. Amazing difference over stock. I can actually have a smooth stop now.

I might have to get those, my stock brakes are lumpy as no other. In a minute i'm going to head out to Sherwin Williams and see if they have the Krylon, none of the other stores around here have had it.

lokalmotive said:

so did you do all 4 corners that way?? I might consider doing that at some point.... my fronts have been making noise and i can't figure what the problem is... i redid the pads up there and got the rotors turned, but it came back.

baconbitz said:
How do you like the Pirelli's?
They are amazing The stockers had 35,000 miles on them so this may have something to do with my reaction :) After much research on ultra high-performance all season tires - these were the top rated (#1 or #2) at places like Tire Rack: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M%26S only losing out in ice and snow performance (which I will never see). The big thing is that the grip really well and they are quiet. They're not as cool looking as some of the other tires out there - but the performance is more important to me.

I Cut out a section of my bumper. Mounted my MAM thumper IC and ran the Cold Pipe....... Thats about all i got done today. Oh and i did an oil change for my sister but thats a civic so it dont count..

jmv said:
so did you do all 4 corners that way?? I might consider doing that at some point.... my fronts have been making noise and i can't figure what the problem is... i redid the pads up there and got the rotors turned, but it came back.

Yeah I got the full set of Rotora Slotted Rotors and Front and Rear EBC pads. The OEM rotors were just all rusty around the hub, and they were warped to hell and back. I love the way it all feels now.

Well, nothing this weekend (MS-150 bike ride - anyone want to help sponsor me?) In the last month I've added Goodyear F1-GS D3's... an AEM CAI... RainX Fast Wax and a dusting... and 550 miles in two days, some of which on the fantastic roads of WV and rural PA. Ni-ice.

F1-GS D3's = awesome, can't say enough. A very-slightly-softer "feel" but quieter and awesome in the wet.

AEM CAI: Holy Turkey Gobble, Batman! More "area under the curve", better throttle response, a leafblower/sucking sound on part throttle, and a louder turkey gobble (especially with the WW vented hood!).

Oh - RainX Fast Wax (blue spray bottle) = WONDERFUL stuff. I'm not super-anal on my car's finish (it's hail damaged from new after all), but this stuff beads water like there's no tomorrow, and leaves a teriffic shine in no time at all.

I'm new to forums and I just bought my MSP a few days ago. I ordered a Greddy Type RS BOV, and CAI to get started. Definate plans for a Front Mount Intercooler system. Also from looking at the pics the CF front grill is pretty nice too so I may pick one of those up.

Back