What have you done to your MSP today?

Getting a P0171 in the daily and a P0301 in the forged car. Swapped the coil and wire for cyl 1 and it's still misfiring. Gonna swap the EGR and if that doesn't help i'm going to swap injectors. The plugs are new, but I will try them last.

Replace the side mirrors with black ones (the originals were smashed, and so need to get new ones, and the black ones were a cheap replacement for now).

Also painted the wiper arms black again. they had lost most of their paint. Makes a big difference to have them be black again.

i'll prolly end up getting black mirrors in the future. both of mine broke so they're both jb welded and they don't fold anymore :|

I think black mirrors look cheap on the MSP, considering that is what the base model DX came with... I have some gray mirrors in my garage if you need them. One may be broken but the passenger side one is good.

I actually bought an MSP mirror for the P5 since I prefer them to the stock ones, and it's laser blue. Need to pick up a driver side, there is one on ebay but it's $75 which is too much for a used mirror.

I think black mirrors look cheap on the MSP, considering that is what the base model DX came with... I have some gray mirrors in my garage if you need them. One may be broken but the passenger side one is good.

Thanks, my passenger side is good, my drivers side was held together with wood screws. This became a safety issue as much as anything since I couldn’t use my driver’s side mirror. My goal is to get a set of good mirror housings and re paint, but for now these will work.

Not directly to my MSP, but I got the white protege running again finally. This allows me to move the car from the garage and move the MSP in to do some work... get it going!

I did buy 2 dipstick handles from CR3. Very much looking forward to driving a turboed car again. My STi was a blast, but very different.

Got some Becker coils in the mail today. I parked the forged car at my parent's so I can work on the P5 and get #1574 ready to sell. Got a new windshield put in 1574 on Saturday since it has been cracked since December.

#1345 passed inspection Saturday so I am going to work on installing the BCs and the Microtech this winter once #1574 is sold.

New Catalytic converter. The MSP passed smog and runs like new. (boobs) Every time I think I want a new car, I drive something and it makes me remember just how good that little Mazda is.
100% stock since day 1.
spicy_market.JPG

Well, #1574 officially has a new owner. I hadn't had a chance to list it for sale, but last week a friend of a friend was very desperate for a car, loved the MSP and offered me cash for it. Signed over the title Thursday night and watched him drive it away. I will miss it but I am glad the sale went so smoothly. The best part: he gave me $4500.

Going to daily the P5 for now, eventually turbo it and next spring I plan to either find a Mustang or a Speed3. Speed3 or 6 will be nice for a daily and I can put Cobb parts on it for cheap/custom tune it easily, but I have always wanted a Mustang. And a RWD car is a lot more appealing than another high hp FWD car.

Last night...

Regapped my spark plugs, they were all at .04" gapped to .03. Still runs like crap when the engine bay has enough time to warm up.

Stock intercooler? That is probably why. The stock tune can also affect it. My daily MSP was noticeably slower once warmed up even with a piggyback and FMIC, but they certainly help.

Swapped the Rockford Fosgate P1 8" from the MSP box into the P5 and put a cheap Blaupunkt 8 in there. The RF punch didn't fit right and I had to put a spacer on it, didn't like the way it was setup and the blaupunkt dropped right in and attached with the factory hardware. The stock amp isn't powerful enough for most modern subs anyway.

I did get some newer seats out of a 65k mile 03.5 that are MINT. Nice to have undamaged silver vinyl parts on the seats for the first time ever.

Planning to install the BC coils soon, and reinstall the BBSs. Currently spending my free time fixing up the P5.

Cool. I need to finish swapping in my rear springs but I’ve been busy tending to fresh sweet oil everywhere lol ��

My main leak, which I was dreading doing the reapair, I thought was around my oil pump or front main seal, actually turned out to just be my valve cover gasket leaking inside the timing cover, I didn't think a vc gasket could leak as much as it was.

Back