What have you done to your MSP today?

Finished this in 10 minutes lol

062311182938Small.jpg

Nvm guys, I was pulling up the hill and the tranny blew. I think my welded LSD s*** the bed. Its funny though because I havnt got on my car in forever, and I dont beat on her anymore.

installed my new headunit today, it is SICK, sounds incredible, love the pandora from my phone and well pretty much everything about it, also got the Mishimoto radiator in too, gonna have to wait till i have time after the weekend to install that
I will have to take a pic of the headunit in the actual car tomorrow, forgot to tonight, was too busy screwing around with the settings
phonepics062-1.jpg

phonepics061-1.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you got a corksport radiator. Its so awesome, wish I had one. The PWR is over rated.

Going to get a Corksport Radiator. Might be picking up a 2nd MSP engine to start rebuilding. Hopefully I can swing. This christmans bonus/holiday pay will straight to rods/pistons!

Wasn't Mishimoto the brand of tires all the black civics were driving in The Fast and The Furious?

lol who would remember that? All i remember is the ricer underglow they had.

I am pretty sure when the FBI guys or what ever branch they were from were talking with O'Connor after they did the fake arrest scene he mentions tire tread from crime scenes all have matching tires and he said Mishimoto. we need somebody to verify this or I'm gonna have to go home and watch the damn movie..again this week.

Lame....no FMIC install this weekend. Couldnt source the 90degree couplers I needed locally. Off to ebay I go.

figured out wy my boost gauge wasn't reading...the power wire came disconected. It reads about -15 at idle so I must have a boost leake somewhere. Wide band has been reading fine since too.

but the belt sqweaks like crazy

Last edited:
Would having deleted the VTCS and VICS (505 intake mani) effect the vac at idle?

there's thermal spacers but making sure the bolts are torqued can't hurt. I'm open to all suggestions

when I run it in gear and accelerate it has less vac but I can hear the bov start to flutter already. Think this might be the problem cause i'm thinking it's set too soft. when I let off the gas the vac dips well below the -20 mark

Last edited:
there's thermal spacers but making sure the bolts are torqued can't hurt. I'm open to all suggestions

when I run it in gear and accelerate it has less vac but I can hear the bov start to flutter already. Think this might be the problem cause i'm thinking it's set too soft. when I let off the gas the vac dips well below the -20 mark

the vac being higher will help the valve not open so soon. Mine maxed out at about -26 when engine braking, idle is the only real measurement.. should be -21 or 22. Grab a can of starting fluid or carb clean and spray round the intake mani area (try to keep it to a local area) and when the idle changes, you found your leak. If you still didn't find it, start looking through your vac lines and squirting at each coupling. with all the threaded fittings on that thing, I'm sure one could be leaking a bit.

Back