What have you done to your MSP today?

car seems to run as it did. next thing iw ant to do is soak the crap out of the secondary o2 and try to get it out. maybe after a good hard drive the heat will help it to come loose? its hard to get any leverage on it when under the car, though i suppose i can take the exhaust pipe out and clamp it in a vice and reaf on it if needed. the parts car had no codes, so im assuming most of the electronics from it are good. mine has 02 sensor codes because the secondary is unplugged, and the po660 which i changed both of the solenoids today so that should go away once i change the o2 sensor and reset the car. i might put the parts car ecu in to see if there is any difference.

I really need to get somethign to tune it though. the pope manifold and downpipe build boost so fast the car freaks out in all weather conditions now. if i had a full 3" exhaust the car would fuel cut everytime you step on it lol.

today i started with the prep to make my wifes es look like an msp. front bumper had a TONNN of rock chips, but no scrapes as it had been under the msp lip its whole life. I might not give her the front splitter in favor of yellow fogs instead. ill see when its all together.

gonna rip my interior appart, fix the hole in the floor, dynamat the floor and clean/install the parts car carpet/seats and my mint condition yellow mirrors. stoked.

o0o0o prettty , love the feel of new calipers,, Just one side?? , my fender has the exact same rust spot haha, !

That's incredibly awesome, man! Congratulations!

Thanks, it's the coolest job I have ever had. They take really good care of their employees, access to the dyno, shop and tools, break room has a pool table, arcade machine and foosball. Very laid back atmosphere and I get to talk turbo cars all day. Now I want to get into a Subie or a speed3/6 so I can get some cheap parts!

Went and looked at a spicy yesterday and offered to trade it plus $1k for #1574 but we couldn't make a deal. Spicy needed paint, has 184k on what I assume is the original drive train and since it was bought from an auction recently the seller doesn't know the history of the car so it's hard for me to justify picking it up when I have already replaced the entire drive train of my MSP in addition to replacing all the weak points. Literally all #1574 needs to be perfect is new window tint and paint.

bah. you should just keep your titaniums. they dont draw too much unwanted attention vs a spicey.. or yellow.

I have always wanted a spicy, and I think 10-15 years from now the Spicy MSPs will be the most desirable/valuable. I test drove a spicy before I found my first titanium but the asking price was way too high and they would not come down off the price whatsoever. I don't mind replacing a motor, trans or turbo if I can find a spicy with good paint and a clean body, but the last couple I have found have been stock, original drive trains with badly faded paint (two of them had hail damage).

10-15 years from now any MSPs at all that are left will be desirable/valuable these cars get more and more rare every day!

ill prob still have it... cause i cant afford a better car... lol

The spicy in Dallas I was looking at is now sold and the one I looked at Monday sold today. Oh well, there is one in Laredo but it looks very rough, although it has low mileage it is missing the stock wheels and again, has faded paint. I guess I will have to be patient.

Don't waste your time on the ebay mani, 3 local MSP guys bought it (against my recommendation "it was only $200!") and all three were cracked within 6 months.

a couple grand to paint the car vs a couple grand for a whole other car.. i guess it depends the value of the originality of the car to you, or if you just want the color. you could also get it wrapped. the pearl orange vinyl is pretty close to spicy. maybe a little closer to the lambo orange heh.
I wouldnt paint an msp personally, but a p5/es, id do that all day lol. its possible ill end up with a blazing yellow p5 one day, though ive been trying to find a nice laser one to complement the yellow in the driveway.

though what you need right now are some titanium mirrors and handles ;)

Back