What have you done to your MSP today?

What's up, bitches?!!?

My MSP is on it's 5th (or 6th) owner since I sold it two (2) years ago. I've been following it around the southeast. It got wrecked, too. So, that sucks.

MS3, engine finally went 'pop!'.

Picked up an 08 CX7 Touring and a 13 CX5 Touring. Still have the Miata, but it'll be gone soon. I need another MSP.

What's up, bitches?!!?

My MSP is on it's 5th (or 6th) owner since I sold it two (2) years ago. I've been following it around the southeast. It got wrecked, too. So, that sucks.

MS3, engine finally went 'pop!'.

Picked up an 08 CX7 Touring and a 13 CX5 Touring. Still have the Miata, but it'll be gone soon. I need another MSP.
you are an enigma lmao.

After selling my Titanium back in 2014 - And since owning an Evo X, BMW 135i M-Sport and a few SUVs - I got my hands on another MSP!

VIPMSP's 2003 & 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege History:

• #1851 (2003.5 Sunlight Silver) - [Photo | Photo]
• #209 (2003.5 Titanium) - [Photo | Photo]
• #23 (2003.5 Titanium) - [Photo]
• #12 (2003 Black Mica) - [Photo]
• #158 (2003 Black Mica) - [Photo]

Last edited:
well... I spent most of saturday prepping 1145 to have the engine and transmission removed. Pulled accessories, exhaust, wheels, shift linkage, etc. Installed 1145 shift linkage on 935, and prepped my powdercoated linkage for 1145, which was installing all bushings. Ran into an issue.. I have a TWM shifter for 1145, but I have bronzoil bushings. I'm debating selling or trading the TWM for the Kartboy if i can find one.

Sunday morning i removed the engine and trans without a hitch, perfect. Now I'm working on the built motor to prep it with seals and belts and such to be installed. Also engine for 935 is going to be worked on at the same time, to prepare it for install.

Overall quite happy with the progress since I spent MOST of my time cleaning the garage and organizing so I can work out in there, AND work on cars in there. Good stuff.

wondering if anyone knows the thread pitch/size of the power steering pump. I'm thinking i want to put in some AN fittings/lines to clean it up.

Just started removing ALL of the interior for msp 2731, Zach's car. Putting in a new engine harness and dash harness. over the years it's been completely trashed, and the car only has 46k or something on it. crazy.

still looking for power steering pump thread pitch, i'll go measure sometime soon if nothing else. no worries!!

also be on the lookout for a 03.5 lip for sale shortly, selling one with deletes!!

Just started removing ALL of the interior for msp 2731, Zach's car. Putting in a new engine harness and dash harness. over the years it's been completely trashed, and the car only has 46k or something on it. crazy.

still looking for power steering pump thread pitch, i'll go measure sometime soon if nothing else. no worries!!

also be on the lookout for a 03.5 lip for sale shortly, selling one with deletes!!

should be done by christmas now

Wow, almost two months of inactivity.

All of you suck.

Yours truly,
Preferio

Hopping on this forum after a few years... still kicking at 140k.

Just replaced most of my exhaust and now looking for some shocks. I currently have the Tokico Blues and lowering springs, but I hear the Tokico Blues are discontinued? Not sure what I'm going to replace them with... perhaps different shocks or change to coilovers.

These cars keep getting rarer.

Sold #935 shell, so in the coming days/weeks I'll be selling the turbo setup and other odds and ends it had.

Which brings 1145 to the front burner... well after house mods that is.

maybe by Christmas

Yeah the Tokico blues are gone, if I switch to different shocks will it change the ride height of the car? I've tried to research this and it seems like all non-oem shocks will sit the same as each other.

Yeah the Tokico blues are gone, if I switch to different shocks will it change the ride height of the car? I've tried to research this and it seems like all non-oem shocks will sit the same as each other.
It's the springs that determine ride height.

Bought it some new Hankooks to replace the well worn Hankooks and Centric pads & rotors.
And at least the Centic website gets it right with the correct part numbers unlike just about every other parts source. But for anyone that see's this just x-reference with 2002 626 V6 Fronts and 2004 6 Rears for brake parts.

Last edited:
Back