What have you done to your MSP today?

I have P5 lights in one of my MSPs. Here are instructions, that's how I did it and it works fine a year later. Low beams stay on with the highs as well.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-Headlights-P5-Headlights-gt-Sedan-Headlights

Picked up a ZE intake cam and corksport exhaust cam today for $240, may get some adjustable cam gears before I install them. Parts are piling up, need to start installing them.

Got some new tires as well, a coworker is moving and is getting rid of stuff. Had an almost new set of 215/45-17 BFG rain-racing tires from CJ wilson racing's NC miata race cars. They say 'for racing use only' on the sidewall, they are basically soft racing compound tires with a tread pattern molded in them. Going to put them on the BBSs and maybe repaint them before I install them. The car will need an alignment as well, and am considering getting some trailing arms and lateral links before I do that.

ive heard that there is a weird grounding difference in the p5 and sedan headlight system and just never bothered to mess with much of the wiring beyong using the low beams on as a trigger to my own wiring setup.
I have no highbeams, but much of the time i just dont need them as the 35w hids are plenty for city life.

projectors are on the horizon for me. but i dont think ill cut up a set of p5 lights for it. ill wait til i finish my wifes car and maybe give her the p5 lights, and build projectors for mine with one of the sedan sets ill have.
but even then, i wouldnt trust the factory wires to carry any actual current heh.

I have P5 lights in one of my MSPs. Here are instructions, that's how I did it and it works fine a year later. Low beams stay on with the highs as well.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-Headlights-P5-Headlights-gt-Sedan-Headlights

Picked up a ZE intake cam and corksport exhaust cam today for $240, may get some adjustable cam gears before I install them. Parts are piling up, need to start installing them.

Got some new tires as well, a coworker is moving and is getting rid of stuff. Had an almost new set of 215/45-17 BFG rain-racing tires from CJ wilson racing's NC miata race cars. They say 'for racing use only' on the sidewall, they are basically soft racing compound tires with a tread pattern molded in them. Going to put them on the BBSs and maybe repaint them before I install them. The car will need an alignment as well, and am considering getting some trailing arms and lateral links before I do that.

The man who took the time to draw those diagrams is a god, that makes it so much easier.

I however, may not need it lol. I was able to get a p5 headlight harness direct from JP, so I'm hoping that's a plug and play.

With it being 'tax season' or just after, accompanied by the low selling price of MSPs, I figured there would have been an influx of new owners here. Probably utilizing the FB pages more than sites.

Can someone please link me to said Facebook page(s)?

The man who took the time to draw those diagrams is a god, that makes it so much easier.

I however, may not need it lol. I was able to get a p5 headlight harness direct from JP, so I'm hoping that's a plug and play.

It is plug and play, I have a P5 harness but it's such a PITA to install it wasn't worth it for me. You basically have to remove the fender to put it in.

remove the fender? fk that, id just cut the wires and resolder as needed...

On a side note I managed to acquire a 'partial sponsorship' from BC Racing and was offered BR coils for my MSP for about half price. Pretty stoked about that

remove the fender? fk that, id just cut the wires and resolder as needed...

It can possibly be done without but it would be difficult, I got mine from a junkyard and took the fender off to get the connector out. So much easier to just wire it into the plugs, but it's technically not the 'correct' way.

It's the side skirts that are a pain, hard to pry them off without damaging them, plus the clips always break and I am anal about stuff so little things like taking the paint off the bolts when you remove it bugs me. Not that most people would care about that.

Basically just emailed them from my Cobb email and they offered it to me, can't wait to get them!

Doing a clutch in one of my dad's friend's 02 Protege tomorrow, fun stuff.

Waiting for a non rainy day here soon hopefully. I got my brand new gt2871rs and custom 3in ss downpipe waiting to go in.

Basically just emailed them from my Cobb email and they offered it to me, can't wait to get them!

Doing a clutch in one of my dad's friend's 02 Protege tomorrow, fun stuff.

I'm happy with my BC coils so far. I have the extreme low version, they feel pretty good and the car is ... extremely low.

I plan on just getting the regular ones, but if they are the same price I may get the lower ones. I am not looking to slam the car, I prefer a low but functional stance.

Clutch job turned out to just be a slave/master cylinder replacement on the 02 Protege LX I was working on today. The VC gasket had leaked oil all over the motor, the shifter bushings were completely gone (never seen such a sloppy shifter before) and all 4 motor mounts were completely toast, as in the rubber was almost completely gone. I haven't driven a N/A protege in a few years, I forgot how slow they are. Makes me think twice about getting a P5 for a daily.

can you get replacement coilover springs for 50% off too? :D i went too soft in the rear. it's comfy but im regretting it

6k/4k. Done purposely for comfort but then someone got me into trying road racing/open track days lol

Back