What is the lowest lowering spring for the p5?

02MazPro5

:
02 Protege5
All I keep seeing is liek 1.25 inch drop is there any springs out there that will get the tires to tuck?

I've thought about the Tein SS damper control for the car but it still doesn't seem like it would lower the car that much.

the esplier's? drop pretty low! think there is a spring thread out there somewhere with specs on it?

-R

There are plenty out there ranging from 1.5, 1.8 to 2 & probably more even if you look around.

best doesnt always mean lower? anything more than 2 and you'll be riding on 'bumpstops'. if you want/need to go that low then look into full coil-over setup or airbags.

Like I said I was looking at the tein ss damper controled setup, but I didn't think it would be low enough. I've really thought about doing the coilovers since you can corner balance them, since I'm looking at racing this car.

IDK I just love the look of a tucked tire but I know how low that would be for these cars....... I guess I can only wish....

Eibach prokit should be low enough and would prolly be the best choice for racing the car around. Any lower and you may feel it is too stiff. Anyhow, what kind of racing are you planning on using the car for?

hey,

I have the sprint 2" drop springs in my ride, now I can't say that it is low enough for my liking... but the handling is so good that I don't know if I want to try something else.

Matt

Protege52003 said:
the esplier's? drop pretty low! think there is a spring thread out there somewhere with specs on it?

-R

espelir's DON'T drop low compared to others. They only drop 1.4" which is perfect.
The ride + turn-in is the best out of all of the springs.
If you want low, go with goldlines. (-2")

I can post pics of the espelir drop if you'd like..

^^^

yeah, goldlines have the lower drop similar to the eibach sport lines........

i like my eibach pro-kit and would not want to go any lower with the amount of dragging i do.......

-R

Back