clutch cut switch

Hey has anybody heard of a clutch cut switch??? I think it is causing the problem I am having but am not sure. Are there any mazda techs on the site that might know what it does and what problems it will cause??? Just to reference the dealer shows there to be 2 switches on the clutch. One is the neutral safety switch and the other is the clutch cut switch. (enguard)

The only two switches on the transmission that I can recall are the reverse and neutral switches. Maybe you are talking of the neutral switch?

Maybe its the cutoff for the cruise control. I know that if you push in the clutch with the cruise on it turns off the cc for obvious reasons.

http://protege5.ugly.net/05-10.PDF page 05-10-5 for clutch pedal removal see item 2, that is the clutch switch. All it does is let the ECU know when the clutch pedal has been depressed. This switch stops the car from starting when you try to start it without engaging the clutch pedal or shuts off the cruise control. This is what is likely your "neutral safety switch".

The clutch out switch is item 11, I have no idea what its purpose is, but thats where you can find it,

Back