A couple of dash pics from NY Auto Show

lilarry

I snapped these at the NY Auto Show. I had forgotten I'd taken them. Just found them on my digital camera. They're not that great but may be of interest to some of you.

Attachments

• 100_0853.JPG
    100_0853.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 100_0854.JPG
    100_0854.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 100_0855.JPG
    100_0855.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 950
  • 100_0856.JPG
    100_0856.JPG
    394.9 KB · Views: 975
That black plasticky cover around the steering wheel controls doesn't look so good.

Why couldn't they keep it plain and simple like all other Mazda vehicles?

dracore said:
That black plasticky cover around the steering wheel controls doesn't look so good.
The gloss piano black only comes on the Grand Touring, others get matte black trim

Zoom49 said:
The gloss piano black only comes on the Grand Touring, others get matte black trim

Ah nuts. I'd like to get the GT model too but without the glossy cover. Too bad that isn't an option.

dracore said:
Ah nuts. I'd like to get the GT model too but without the glossy cover. Too bad that isn't an option.

If it gets stolen at least they wont have trouble finding finger prints... jeez. I have a GT on order and didnt realize it would be shiny.

TheCXKid said:
If it gets stolen at least they wont have trouble finding finger prints... jeez. I have a GT on order and didnt realize it would be shiny.

And that's one of the negatives I remember from the auto show. Despite a cleaning guy who wiped it down every 15 minutes or so, the steering wheel and the Nav touch screen were filled with noticable fingerprints.

dracore said:
get the GT model too but without the glossy cover. Too bad that isn't an option.
From looking at our GT it looks like that trim piece could be switched out from
Touring model. My RX-8 also has Piano Black trim, Looks good until you touch it and cover it with prints.

Back