I got a new Ride

Sir Nuke

Hi all, well I just got a new ride, but do not worry, I did NOT get ride of my P5, that I am never getting ride of. lol anyway, I had a truck that was my daily driver and I wanted to get something nicer. It was 13 years old and had 168,000 miles on it, so I got me a new one, I got a new Ford Ranger STX, which has the v-6, 3 liter which is the engine I believe that Mazda uses as well. Well I was lucky enough to fine one the ONE color I wanted, SCREAMING YELLOW!! now my P5 and my truck will match!

Attachments

• New Ranger.jpg
    New Ranger.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 247
JOMO said:
Nice truck. My friend had a thunderbolt with a 100 shot on it.

this truck has the 3 liter V6 which I believe Mazda uses also, anyway, Ford Performance has a complete bolt in Supercharger kit for this truck, it will give me 90 more HP, which will bring it up to 260 HP amd 280 FT-LBS of Torque. That will be a GAS!!

That would be sweet to get the supercharger. I really like the front end of the truck. Good buy!

JOMO said:
That would be sweet to get the supercharger. I really like the front end of the truck. Good buy!
They, Ford Performance, also has a lowering kit which lowers the front 3 inches and the back 2 inches. I would LIKE that very much, plus put some side skirts on it AND some of the 18 inch Mustang wheels! butnthat all wilol have to wait.

I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over your truck's paint. :D

Congrats on the new purchase. Is that the V6 with two sparkplugs per cylinder?

Sharp looking truck! Good to see you back around. What was your previous daily driver?

I'm a little jealous - I've been wanting a truck for about 4 months now. Been looking at F150s. Just waiting for the right one.

why do you want an F150? they're s***! they're a PITA to work on and have major reliability issues... believe me, I work on them all the time

if you want a domestic, the GM trucks are better... but **** that s***, get a nissan titan!

TheMAN said:
why do you want an F150? they're s***! they're a PITA to work on and have major reliability issues... believe me, I work on them all the time

if you want a domestic, the GM trucks are better... but **** that s***, get a nissan titan!

i thought the titans were poopy

The only MAJOR reliability issue I know of was the V6 problem of the late '90s. I used to have an F100 with the straight six. It was an awesome truck. If I were going to get a Nissan it would be the Frontier.

Sorry for threadjacking Sir Nuke.

Pretzellogic said:
Congrats on the new purchase. Is that the V6 with two sparkplugs per cylinder?

whoa hadn't heard about that before. I was pretty active on the therangerstation.com forums before I got my P5 since I had a Mazda B4000 (a ranger). When I got it, it was 8 years old with 46k miles on it :) It has the Ford Cologne (made in Germany for no good reason) pushrod V6. Wait the 3.0 is 170hp now? haha I think my 4.0 is only 160. It has good torque though, and that thing has been so incredibly dependable. I just wish my uncle (the original purchaser) would have waited for the 1995 models instead of getting the 1994. The 1994 has the older (up through 94) ranger interior with no airbags. With the newer dashboard though that truck wouldn't have felt old at all.

I miss it. My dad drives it now and I haven't driven it myself since August. I should take it for a spin while I'm home for the week. :) "zoom-zoom"

rjmhotrod said:
Sharp looking truck! Good to see you back around. What was your previous daily driver?

I'm a little jealous - I've been wanting a truck for about 4 months now. Been looking at F150s. Just waiting for the right one.

I had a 93 Nissian Hardbody, it was a great truck for a small truck, its all I needed, and only had to put new tires and change teh oil every 3000 miles, and that is it, never had any problems with it at all.

well here are both, I will get a new picture with the both of them side by side.

Attachments

• nukescar.jpg
    nukescar.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 117
  • New Ranger.jpg
    New Ranger.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 103
Back