Please Help Me!!! Fog Light Bracket Question

layinlow781

:
02 Protege LX
Ok heres the deal, I just purchased a P5 bumper from another member to do my conversion on my 02LX, and the problem is the brackets on the bumper for the fog lights were broken or cut out and replaced with mesh. It was ok at the time because i got it at a hellava deal, but now i want to put fog lights in, is there any way i can make a bracket of some kind. Any one ever came across this problem? Please help me out.

P.S. Didnt really know where to put this.......

D-rock240 said:
Not sure myself, did you try pming the seller?

Well i went and picked it up myself and we talked and he made sure that i knew that it was like that, but i really want something besides mesh there, so i mean he is not at fault really. and a bumper for 80 bucks i couldnt turn down, you know what i mean

You might be able to fab up something like an L bracket that has a hole for the fog light stud. OEM fogs have the bolt/stud going horizontally in the lower rear. you should be able to fab up something pretty simple that the fog light just bolts into.

are you using OEM fogs or Aftermarket? I would suggest aftermarket because they are more affordable, and some are designed to be custom mounted, so they offer more flexibilty.

Post some pics of your bumper now, I'm curious to see how much they cut out and where you might be able to mount the new fogs.

Yeh i am going to use aftermarket fogs, here are some pics, one with mesh, without it and the bumper from the front.

Attachments

• Bumper 001.jpg
    Bumper 001.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Bumper 003.jpg
    Bumper 003.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Bumper 002.jpg
    Bumper 002.jpg
    930.9 KB · Views: 134
ok, well, they took the entire cup off. well, that makes it a little trickier, but with a little creativity, you could fiberglass an cup or even just a bar that goes across the back of that cup, and put a hole for the bolt of the fog to go through. the only problem I can see is depth. How deep in to you want your fogs?
Hmm. Do you have any skills with fiberglass, or metal fabrication? it seems simple in theory, but the process and fit n' finish might leave something to be desired.

shouldnt be too hard with some fabrication skills. Bend a large piece of steel stock with pre-drilled holes into a "U" shape, then bolt the open end to the sides where the cup used to be, and the light on the inside of the U.

Back