JDM Springs

Red5_02

Banned
:
2002 Protege5 !?STOCK?! T.T
Just wondering what peoples' thoughts were on the JDM springs that people are selling on eBay for like 50 bucks. Didn't know if they were any good or if they should be avoided. Thanks for the feedback.

hey pretzellogic, are you on the sportlines or the prokits?

i'm htinkin about the prokits cuz its a small drop and tahts pretty much what i'm looking for. but they cost a lot...

nope, dont get those springs. Any coilovers/springs sold on ebay for that cheap are not good quality.

Eibach,tien,goldline,espiler, ground control coilovers, skunk2coilovers are the most common used.

uhhh use common sense... anything with "JDM" or "J-spec" in the product/brand name itself simply implies that:
-it's no name s*** that got "branded"
-it's cheap ass s*** to rob your hard earned money and possibly put your life at risk when using that s***

now if you want *real* genuine JDM springs (as in springs sold in the Japanese market ONLY), then you'll have to look harder... there's some on imazda for sale right now too ;)

tein s tech (authentic, lol), and tokico HP aka "blues" are a great combo. Had mine on for prob 18k miles and still very happy with the combo.

awsmp5 said:
hey pretzellogic, are you on the sportlines or the prokits?

i'm htinkin about the prokits cuz its a small drop and tahts pretty much what i'm looking for. but they cost a lot...
Prokit with Tokico Blues. The cost is worth it; you're paying for research and quality of product. As handling is an asset for this car (As well as a safety concern), it's something that shouldn't be done cheaply or half-assed.

Any more of a drop and I wouldn't be able to use this car as a daily driver.

Yeah, I figured all that. Just wanted to know if anyone had actually gotten them. Would like to get Tokicos. Found a whole kit for $465 shipped.

mountjonas said:
i had the prokit/tociko blues combo. very nice.

they're fine if you're looking for just a lowered ride and decent comfort... the prokits are really soft springs that don't give the best handling in the world.... not bad, but not great

TheMAN said:
they're fine if you're looking for just a lowered ride and decent comfort... the prokits are really soft springs that don't give the best handling in the world.... not bad, but not great

that's exactly why i got them. i don't autocross and i don't drive aggressive. i just wanted a lower ride that wasn't harsh and didn't want to blow the stock struts. i'm sure there's better solutions out there, but this didn't break the bank.

TheMAN said:

Does it handle as good as stock?

Back