creaky noise from my struts, help!

khaosman

Contributor
:
2006 Honda S2000
I am running JIC FLT-A1 coilovers and have been for quite some time with no problems. Today I had the front bumper off to paint my headlights. That is a whole other story...

Anyhow, I put it back together and now I have a creak coming from one or both of the coilovers, as far as I can tell. It seems to happen at a certain point when turning the wheel. I put it up on jack stands and tried to inspect for rubbing or similar, but no luck. However, I do hear the noise when turning the wheel and think I have narrowed it down to the coilovers. The lock nuts seem to be tight and look okay.

What gives? I'm used to creaks and crap with this stiff suspension, but this new one is freaking me out.

Thanks

Searching has led me to find all sorts of possibilities. I guess I'll take it into the stealership some time.

Okay I looked at it some more. The spring perches are really dirty and I think that is causing the noise. If you hold the springs still while moving the wheel, it is quiet. I need to bust out a pressure washer or something and clean the coilovers, then lube 'em up.

Back