Whitewater Pearl Mica... why the extra charge?

jandree22

:
2007 Mazda5
I'm a big fan of white cars, but the fact that Whitewater Pearl Mica costs an extra $200 kind of turns me off. Granted when purchasing a car costing 100x that all together, it's not that big of a deal, but it's kinda wierd paying a premium for a color choice.

Is there something special about this paint that *looks* different than the other colors? Don't play cute, I know this one's white and other colors are, well other colors.... what I'm referring to the finish, does it give a different 3D or deep gloss effect or something? I just can't figure out why they're charging more for it?

(hmm)

its cause you can't put a metal flake in white hence the pearl in the title which is more expensive which is why pearl white is more expensive to the consumer.

at least thats what i thought some one once told me for whats its worth...??

because white cars are awsome....

It's a special kind of pearl mica paint that changes colors depending on how you look at it.

Pearl White is a extra metallic into a white paint with an extra GLOSS finish. I its a whole ahhh 95 bux more then the regular metallic paint charge. I assume because of the extra process to get a metalic/gloss effect in the paint.....well worth the cost (jmo)

Ya know other manufacturers include the price in the MSRP at Mazda it as not been fyi

Actually it is an extra step in the process...base first...the white then a mid clear that contains the pearl and then your normal clear coat....I haven't seen this color myself, but this is usually the process.

It does look different. From a distance, it's a little bit darker than the refrigerator white, but when you’re within 5 ft or so, you can see the sparkles in the white paint. It looks the best in bright sunlight.

My mother calls it “White color for rich people” (loosely translated from Chinese)

great info guys, thanks! I'm still undecided as to the color. I was thinking Carbon Gray Mica, but I'm reconsidering that as it seems half the Mz5 owners have it, and appearently it won't be available with the 07MY anyways. Probably if I had to pick one right now on the spot, I'd say Platinum Silver Metallic... it's sharp, clean, and flows nicely with the taillights. But like I said, I LOVE white cars, so maybe I'll change my mind again and go with Whitewater?

I'll have to decide soon... I may be ordering one as soon as tonight! :)

If you really love the white, get it. You will regret it later. I know, I was given a choice at the stealership when I got my P5 and really wish I went with the white, I settled for black because I could drive it home that day.

When I get myself a newer mazda, it will most likely be the 5 and it WILL be in that white... its just so stunning.

My 78 Z28 was painted white with flames painted using mother of pear, then 3 coats of clear. It really look cool at night when driving under street lights!

haha, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if you actually do see me! I worked in Hersheypark for about 6 years through High School and College and now my wife and I have season passes and are in that place rediculously way too much to just chill/walk around. But come to think of it, I won't have my 5 until Aug-Sept though, so.... maybe next year, haha

Thanks for the welcome, all! This is my first new car purchase and it's so exciting... can't wait till delivery!

Well... In that case, look for a Whitewater Pearl with tinted windows and VA tags around mid July.

That is when we planned on making the trip.

In two weeks I'm going to western PA :)

because white cars are awsome....

It's a special kind of pearl mica paint that changes colors depending on how you look at it.

Koenigsegg CCX listed on " Most Expensive Cars You Should Know " is my dream car so far. But the problem with this car is, it is tooooooo much expensive to buy even i work harder in my whole life to earn money and buy this car, but reality is that i could not. (spin)

What you guys have in dreams about the car?

Back