removing roof rack from protege5

anyone has any experience in removing the roof rack. If someone can reffer me to any website showing steps with pics that will be great.
thanks

turbunator123 said:
anyone has any experience in removing the roof rack. If someone can reffer me to any website showing steps with pics that will be great.
thanks

My first post... and the first thing I did to my P5, 2 days ago.

Pop off the covers (2 snaps). Takes a Phillips-head screwdriver and a size 12 wrench/socket. Done and done. 5 mins.

do want to remove JUST the cross bars, or the entire rack itself including mounting brackets?
if youre lookin to take it all of and "shave" the roof, you have to pull out the headliner to do that (theres a how to in the how-to section)

roof rack cross bars

turbunator123 said:
thanks

I would like to buy a set of cross bars for my protege5. Are you interested in selling yours once you get them off? I also have the full 2 binder mazda dealer repair manual that I would be willing to trade a copy of towards the bars if you are interested

Back