Fog Lights

MP5BibbitZ

:
'03 Protege5
(omg) Anyone know what the hell kind of mod this is or how to do it? Already did the mod to use fog lights independently of all other lights. Just curious.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 251
I bought some similar lights at Autozone. Mine are Pilot PL-362. There are a variety of Halo lights out there. All of the wires have to go thru the firewall (PITA). They are cheap quality and I have to replace them every year, and the bulbs every 6 months. I'm still on my original harness thank God.

367 (mp3yellow

I've got the Pilot lights, too. They aren't as big as the ones in that original pic, tho.
pmpkinhead- do your halo rings come on every time you start the car. I have mine wired to the amp turn on lead from my stereo, so every time I turn the car off, and then back on the rings light up again. It's annoying when I'm running errands at night 'cause they always seem to come on w/the blue ring, which the local cops don't like much. Just wondering if yours do the same.

Canecreekfreak said:
I've got the Pilot lights, too. They aren't as big as the ones in that original pic, tho.
pmpkinhead- do your halo rings come on every time you start the car. I have mine wired to the amp turn on lead from my stereo, so every time I turn the car off, and then back on the rings light up again. It's annoying when I'm running errands at night 'cause they always seem to come on w/the blue ring, which the local cops don't like much. Just wondering if yours do the same.

I wired (spliced) my lights into my parking (amber) light wire on the drivers side. They only come on when I wantem' to.

367 (mp3yellow

subbin. Question though. Beam pattern, and were able to angle them up any?

Pmpkinhead - What parts break that cause them to be replaced so fast?

I guess the only thing I don't like about them is the smaller size. If either the fogs were bigger, or my car needed a smaller size light; these would be perfect. I'm happy with stock ones untill something outrageous jumps at me.

The beam pattern on the Pilot fogs is a spot beam, not a fog beam. They do a decent job, and are pretty easy to adjust. I typically use 'em as day time running lamps, though, and not when it's foggy out. I've got a set of HID's on my car, so the aux. lighting doesn't really do anything.
I'm not a huge fan of the smaller size, but I like the halo look.

diehonda said:
Pmpkinhead - What parts break that cause them to be replaced so fast?

The LED's die within a year due to the water entering around the rim. I had 1 pair of lenses shatter when the lights were hot and I ran it thru a car wash in the winter. I took em' back under warranty (Autozone). My Headlights, Parking lights, and Fogs are on 24/7 when I'm driving (habit since 1987) so the bulbs wear out in 3-6 months from use.

367 (mp3yellow

Last edited:
Ah, that explains why I haven't had any issues so far. I use the fogs maybe once a month. I do use the LED's all the time, though. Maybe I'll slap some silicon on there to keep the water out. Thanks!

MP5BibbitZ said:
(omg) Anyone know what the hell kind of mod this is or how to do it? Already did the mod to use fog lights independently of all other lights. Just curious.

Is it possible that it could be somesort of overlay or something from rockblocker that he put on his fogs? Just wondering.

Just a thought

Pmpkinhead said:
I wired (spliced) my lights into my parking (amber) light wire on the drivers side. They only come on when I wantem' to.

367 (mp3yellow

What if you brought the high side of your switch through the headlights lead, would the Fogs shut off when the Hi-beams are on?

im running a set of piaa knock off's i found on sale at a liquidation store, they were 29.99 per pair, some modification to the after market light was made to make it fit, but their super bright, and have a yellow light. they are made by SRB, i think its some generic brand, but these lights seem to turn heads pretty good!

Attachments

• Protege 5 009.jpg
    Protege 5 009.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Protege 5 003.jpg
    Protege 5 003.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
New guy here too. And, I got the Catz. Very yellow at night, and need some fabbin to be able to aim em, but worth the hundred bucks I paid for em, very quality.

IM000705.jpg

IM000704.jpg

ah very nice! i searched the world for those catz when igot my pro5, now im finding a pair on ebay every week!

Latest posts

Back