Brake GRINDS when pressed hard

Allen

世界杯
Contributor
:
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec AWD
Yo MSP owners, I have an issue with my MSP I would like to get some opinions about, please.

When I come to a quick and fairly hard stop the brake makes a "grinding" noise.

When the front suspension of the car is pressed down as the brake is pressed down, the brake pedal has feedback from the grinding noise.

If I have my foot on the brake (to slow down) as I make a turn into an entrance with any bump or incline... the pedal actually shifts a bit (left & right) as I can also feel the grinding noise.

I have taking the car into the Mazda dealership under warranty several times and they claim it is just the ABS and that there is nothing wrong with the car. I don't believe this, because I have been searching on this website for a while and figured I would have run into a post from someone complaining about it.

If I brake "slowly" under normal driving conditions this problem does not appear. It's only if I have to step on the brakes hard during an emergency does this problem show up. The brake pedal moves (shifts left and right a bit) and grinding noise appears when I step on the brakes during an incline into... say a parking lot with a sharp slope or large bump.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Everything is stock so the endlinks shouldn't be causing this problem (such as AWR endlinks). Can ABS go bad? I don't know what it is like to have a bad ABS. Uh... what about wheel bearings, doesn't sound like a wheel bearing issue, does it?

Anyways, any help or opinion would be appreciated. Need to have this issue resolved before warranty expires, unless this is a "feature" of the Mazdaspeed. I'm tired of this annoying problem (and possibly dangerous problem?) and will be taking this up with Mazda's service manager shortly.

Hey funny you should mention this now b/c i just noticed it with my MSP. I was doing hard braking for a video from 20mph and then from 40mph and the brakes were making an awful grinding sound and you could feel it through the brake pedal.

My car seems to act exactly the same as yours, never does it under normal braking, only under heavy braking.

So yeah any one have ideas on what it might be? My car only has 24K on it and those were the first times i have ever slammed the brakes

Every MSP has this, it's ABS, thers dozens of posts about this. When it first happened to me, i thought it was LSD, but everyone seems to agree its the ABS..and yes it is believed to be a "feature" of the MSP. The grinding is almost any car with abs. but the sloped braking grinding is only on the MSP as far as i know..im sure its on other cars too but i never heard of any other car with it.

ruskiMSP said:
Every MSP has this, it's ABS, thers dozens of posts about this. When it first happened to me, i thought it was LSD, but everyone seems to agree its the ABS..and yes it is believed to be a "feature" of the MSP. The grinding is almost any car with abs. but the sloped braking grinding is only on the MSP as far as i know..im sure its on other cars too but i never heard of any other car with it.

Thanks, appreciate the feed back guys. I couldn't find anything about it here, so I'll look a little deeper. I guess this MSP is just SOL on having this annoying problem fixed. As long as I don't get injured when the ABS is really needed then I'll live with it. (dunno)

Gawd... after refining what to search I did end up finding a few articles about the ABS grinding noise for the MSP. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back