Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Modern Performance Experience/Review

MazdaSpeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by Metal MP5
    well one exemple of it being iffy is at idle, my car will run at ~ 15.2 to 15.8 AFR no matter what i set the analog number to. it's like if the stock ECU keeps adjusting the stock injectors to get the AFR ratio it wants no matter what the mpi is set to ... i can drown the thing with the extra injectors though if i want. but anyway, things like that make me feel like i'm not in control at all.

but it still works well for me so i'm still happy
    The MPI is not there to control anything in closed loop. Your analog out at idle should be at 2-2.08v. If it's there, then the stock ECU is doing what it is supposed to do. If it's off, then youwould have a CEL for being too lean. The stock injector control is only ment to be done in open loop, like when the switch is on. You cannot control the the fuel in closed loop because the ECU will want to pull all of it out to get to the 14.7 range. Mine fluctuates between 14.5 to 15.1 and that's what the stock ECU is doing all by itself and it's happy with that. Running 15 at idle doesn't matter, there's no load on it so the ECU is cool with that. You shoudl even be fluctuating on the highway just cruising also. Anytime you are not in boost, it should fluctuate.....that's normal.
    Custom 3" turbo back exhaust, Fujita CAI, MPI reworked stock turbo, Blitz SBC-id EBC, HKS BOV, SU motor mount, RX-8 wheels and autoEXE "low down" springs

MPI SW and key: go to post #56 and post# 94 for instructions
    /forum/showt...09#post2013109

Sea turtle

370z (Totalled)

yeah i fluctuate when i'm not boosting, at idle between 14.5 to 15.5, and when i'm cruising the range is higher. when i boost, it holds steady at whatever number it is, right now untuned it holds steady at 10.0 (although it is probably lower than that), and sometimes i've seen it hold steady at 10.2.

07 Speed6, 95 Talon TSi AWD, 86 RX7

glad to hear thats normal ......... and i thought i knew how it worked lol

thanks guys
    2007 Mazdaspeed6
    2003.5 MSP @ 18psi ... stolen
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    1986 RX7 GXL

turbos are my friends!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdarulez
    My Modern Performance Inc experience.

I go WTF...Life Is A Bitch And I Just Got Fucked Again. So I baby it all the way home cause I know Nick is not at his shop and even if he comes back he is going to say its the cars fault not his,
    I just love the way things work on this forum. How can you even make a post like this? This is so far from what happend that it is not even funny anymore. This forum needs to do a much better job of taking care of BS like this.
    Thanks again

Later.......Nick

Nick Mannarino
    Modern Performance Inc.

No longer a vendor on this forum, to much BS.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdarulez
    spends $800 you would expect to see GAINS. .
    $345.00 for twin extra injectors
    $88.00 to weld/install the extra injectors.
    $50.00 to smoke test, check and replace plugs with new Denso plugs.
    $325.00 to install and tune MPI.

Did you throw out the extra injectors?
    Did you throw out the plugs?
    You drop the car off telling me you are running 8psi. Your car had full fuel cut/shut down at 9psi when it came in. I see 12 psi and you cannot reduce the boost with your set up. The wastegate needed to be removed and made to be adjustable. I told you like I tell everyone that I will not tune a stock engine that high in boost. If you did have a pin in the PCM wire then yes that would be a problem. We do not install pin in the harness. I show up at 8:30am and see your car park out front. You are now where to be found. You show about 10:00am, you and your group had gone to get something to eat. We talk about the car and you ask question, I do not try to rush you away and give you as much time as you need. Now I am already starting over 2 hours late. The shop hours are 8:30am to 1:00pm and the weekend. Right off the bat you have big time fuel cut and shut down at 8 psi. I tune that out but now I see 12 psi. I try to tune the car by keep lifting the throttle at 10psi. I do feel a cut out but not sure what it is at the time. I ask you if you can leave it for the weekend and you tell me no. OK then you can come pick it up. You make me wait over an 1 1/2 hours to pick it up. Then when you show up you tell me that you are going to leave it anyway. While I waited for you I checked you plugs and for leaks. Your plugs gapped at .045 and were one heat ranger cold then they should have been. I order the right plugs on monday and wait until 3.30pm for them to get it. I put them in and try to tune the car but I am still getting a mis at higher boost every now and then. You do not want me to remove the wasegate to fix it and lower the boost. So you tell me that you will come and get it by 5.00pm. You show up a around 6:30pm. No problem I got all of the paper work done while I was waiting for you any. I would be ready to leave right after you came and got your car. We talk about your car for about 30 minutes you ask questions. I did not rush you out the door. You drive your car out of my lot and leave. I close down the shop and leave. On my way out I see you and your group were out front taking a smoke break. We both wave good bye and I drive home.

I come in the next day and find a voice mail from you. I call back right away and leave you a voice mail. You never call me back or e-mail me. Then I find this thread. This forum rocks, people on it are just such great guys.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

MPI GROUPIE FOREVER!!!!!! NICK IS THE FUCKING SHIT AND IS THE BEST PERIOD!!!!

BTW; HAVE YOU FINISHED SHIPPING ALL YOUR ORDERS?

nnn

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Addiction
    I can go back and see you doing the same thing. MPI groupie.
    MPI, Blitz SBC-ID III & Blitz PowerMeter,Injen CAI, Megan Racing SS,KartBoy bushings, all 4 AWR motor mounts, drilled/slotted rotors, Techna-Fit SS braided brake & clutch lines, grounding kit, Turbo Timer, J&S Ultra SafeGuard, FMIC & HardPipes, HKS SSQ,ION turboback exhaust w/test pipe, MPNick turbo upgrade,Skunk2 adjustable coilovers, AWR front & rear endlinks & trailing links. Soon to be installed: MPNick custom rail set with extra injectors, MPNick 80mm MAF, Turner Warner water temp guage, CP Racing 4-point rear brace; total so far: $5225.09 or so

2002 ES-T (dead)

Little late on this one aren't we?
    Only GT28RS powered protege in Utah

2007 Diamond Graphite Infiniti G35 Coupe

** thread Jacking**

Holy Shit look who is posting again! what the Hell happend to you Gaypocman I havent talked to you or even heard from you in damn near 2-3 months.

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

I have been working contract and been staying busy since the layoff... I'll give you a call later.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium-99
    ** thread Jacking**

Holy Shit look who is posting again! what the Hell happend to you Gaypocman I havent talked to you or even heard from you in damn near 2-3 months.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

shoulda done a search on the internets . . . .

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...e-c332822.html

2016 Peterbilt 579

welcome the the forums but ummmm.....you are responding to a thread from 2006.
    RIP 1549 spicy totaled...
    2006 Toyota Tundra Limited Double Cab- No longer have
    Current Vehicle: 2016 Peterbilt 579 10 speed Eaton Fuller...lol. At least I get to still hear something spool up

Registered Member

this thread comes up when you do a google search "modern performance review"

it could have saved me and I can see others a lot of grief and some serious coin

this may be 'old' but this shop is still sticking it to people

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123