Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Modern Performance Experience/Review

Will work 4 Ninja powers Mazdarulez's Avatar

Mazdaspeed Protege

Another Modern Performance Experience/Review

My Modern Performance Inc experience.

I purchased the MPI Tuner brand new from another forum member, Who better to
    install it then Nick its his EMS. Well I get there he takes the car tells me he will call when the car is tuned and ready, I leave around 1 I get phone call everything is cool
    just problems tuning cause of some issues, So he tells me he will do the vacuum test and see how it goes. Around 5 I get back to his shop and he tells that there are no vacuum leaks but he can not get a perfect tune out of the car cause of the spark plugs and asks me if I can leave the car there till Monday that he can get better tune out of it with the new plugs. So I agreed and left the car there. Monday I call him around 5 and he tells me, car is ready and it pull like an animal So I am fuckin excited as all hell rip down to his shop 2 hours away. When I get there I see my car and I am happy as shit
    go to Nicks office and he sitting at his desk on the Pc. So we talked and I asked him how is the tune he said it was excellent BUT ( Fuckin BUT ) he still can not tune it the way he wants to because I am running 10psi 1st,2nd,3rd gear and 11psi in 4th and 5th gear with the GT28RS and he doesn't want to be the guy who blows my motor. So in my head im like Bla Bla Bla.... Then He tells me that I have to adjust the wastegate to10 Psi. So he can tune it properly. I answer OK. Then he says I should get new coils cause Mazda had problems with the Coils on the MSP's. I answer OK. Then He says my car is grounding out somewhere cause when he touches the frame is shocked him ( Never had this issue before ) so I answer OK ( Whatever just let me beat this thing so I can feel the power of my tuned beast LOL ) Now I start the car to warm it up pull out of his shop and I just pulled over in front to smoke a cigarette. Nick leave minute after I pull out of the gate. I just wave " C Ya Nick"... Well I am done smoking get in my car pull out of Nicks driveway go to the light make a left turn get on my car WOT and it goes LEAN, CEL, BACKFIRE Like a Motherfucker and I go WTF...Life Is A Bitch And I Just Got Fucked Again. So I baby it all the way home cause I know Nick is not at his shop and even if he comes back he is going to say its the cars fault not his, from other post I read. So next day I see Witchdoctors post on here and I Pm him what is he doing about his problem and he gives me a # to BUDDY - ( The Man In Tuning and Installing Mpi Tuner ) . Contact Buddy next day tells me to come down makes me feel allot better and tells me this happens all the time. I get to buddy's place he is THE MAN... Reinstalled the MPI tuner found few problems. 1- Few wire were hooked at wrong locations. 2 - There was a Pin thru one of the wires which would explain the shock Nick was getting everytime he toughed my car. 3 - Nicks Tuning map looked awful.
    So now buddy tuned my car at 10-11 psi and my car is a rocket !!! 110 % Thank You Buddy...

Bottom line is Nick is good mechanic and I am sure he knows what he is doing but he should revise his MPI install and Tuning and never let the car leave his shop in a condition my car was in.

Latter Mazdarulez

Make Your Car Faster --> Speed Circuit <--
    Visit Cardomain For List Of Mods / Picks
    WTB Tubular Manifold - PM ME if you are willing to sell...

2002 ES-T (dead)

I bet he'll respond "I didn't actually install your MPI, one of my techs did, so its not my fault"
    Only GT28RS powered protege in Utah

Sea turtle

370z (Totalled)

so are you using a map sensor/fcd/fmu now?

Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by smo0f
    so are you using a map sensor/fcd/fmu now?
    Mpi tuner
    3 bar map sensor and
    fm O2 clamp
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Sea turtle

370z (Totalled)

yea i meant fm o2 clamp not fmu. cool. dyno yet?

Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by smo0f
    yea i meant fm o2 clamp not fmu. cool. dyno yet?
    No Not yet We just finished sunday
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 ES-T (dead)

Well I'm glad you've got it running, and i know how good it must feel to be tuned. I am getting very anzious to have my car back. 15 psi on a GT28rs should make my car pretty pissed off i hope. Post a dyno sheet when you get a chance, i'd be interested to see how much power you're putting down.

Donated: $20

99 LX

*acts shocked*

seriously, the purpose of my review thread was to save others from the same shit. sorry you experienced similar crap.

Donated: $20

99 LX

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph
    I bet he'll respond "I didn't actually install your MPI, one of my techs did, so its not my fault"
    2 to 1 he blames it on the car

07 Speed6, 95 Talon TSi AWD, 86 RX7

good to hear that your car is ok now.

how much time did it take Buddy to tune your car?
    just to give me an idea of how much time it should take to tune a car
    2007 Mazdaspeed6
    2003.5 MSP @ 18psi ... stolen
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    1986 RX7 GXL

turbos are my friends!

Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by Metal MP5
    good to hear that your car is ok now.

how much time did it take Buddy to tune your car?
    just to give me an idea of how much time it should take to tune a car

It took him Probably 45 min to get it Flawless... Good Luck

Donated: $10
    SpeedCircuit Disciple
    Eagle boner

2002 protege es turbo

his BUDDY also tuned my car, and let me tell you, the tune is damn near perfect!!
    craig
    2002 pure white protege es
    Fully built speedcircuit motor on 16psi, spool stage 2 tubular manifold with tial 38mm external wastegate, custom downpipe by shoremotorsports, custom intake by me, custom blow down tube by me, hot and cold ic pipes, CustomMsp FMIC, greddy type rs bov, garrett t3 turbo, mpi with four extra injectors, ported and polished intake mani minus the vtcs, JoeP FCD, FM voltage clamp, GM 3 BAR map sensor, jspec intake cam, mazdaspeed exhaust cam, PAR 3rd and 4th gears double syncroed, M Factory LSD, spec lightweight flywheel, Exedy stage one clutch, stainless steel clutch line, Mental Addiction Motorsports catless midpipe, custom side exit exhaust, twm short shifter, awr front and rear motormount, AWR trans motor mount inserts, turbo xs high performance boost controller, throttle body coolant bypass mod, StopTech slotted with Axxis Ulitmates

2002 Mazda Protege 5

An Eye for a Eye makes the whole world blind. (FL)
    i'm totally lost on this "nick" guy. is that his screen name on here?

07 Speed6, 95 Talon TSi AWD, 86 RX7

MPNick is his screen name.

and about that Buddy's tune ... i'm tempted to drive down there and pay him a visit =)

2002 Mazda Protege 5

An Eye for a Eye makes the whole world blind. (FL)
    ok, whew. i thought it was another nick i just made a trade with. you guys are lucky to have all those people around to help in that area. wish it was like that around here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast