Lowering question + Mazda6 17' wheels

CODER

Hi everybody!, This is my first day as a register member and I would like to say HI to all of you!
I'm about to lower my car (Protege5) and I want to go with Eibach springs (1.4-1.6 drop). Can I use the factory shocks with the new springs? My friend told me that there is a good chance that I may 'bottom' them because of different shock travel range... DO I need any special tools like spring compressor to do the job?
The other question is: Can I use Mazda6 wheels? They have 60mm offset, I want to wrap them with 215/40/17, will they rob the fenders?
As you can tell don't have much experience with car modifications and any help will be greatly appreciated!

i have mazda6 wheels, with 205/40/17s, you probably will need that size tires to fit these wheels right.... ill let you know how they fit with it lowered here soon... im going to add 10mm spacers too

Welcome To The Forum

First You Can Use Your Factory Struts With The Spring.
But It Is Always Better To Get The Short Struts At The Same Time, For A Better Ride And You Are Going To Take Them Out Anyways. The Tires Should Be Ok, Because They Are Still 40 Series. And Yes To Make It Easier You Could Use The Spring Compressor.

I Got Blue Tokicos, But There Is Also Tein, I Think They Are Both Good. Only Difference Is The Price. Tokicos A Lot Cheaper Than Tein.

TOKICO HP STRUTS SHOCKS & SPRINGS
just found them on ebay for $465, looks like a good price for the set. Struts alone go for 339... Eibach sport line arround $215 shipped 1.6 drop.
For some reason Eibach Pro kit is more expensive $270 shipped 1.4/1.2 drop.
Which should I choose?

i SAY GO WITH THW SPORT LINE SINCE THE DIFFERENCE IS JUST .2 INCHES BETWEEN THE BOTH OF THEM. THOSE ARE THE ONES I HAVE AND TO ME IS THE PERFECT DROP AND WITH TOKICOS I HAVE A NICE RIDE.

MY P5.jpg

Beau M said:
JDM, I think your caps lock key may be busticated.
BWAHAHAHA Bustiacated (rlaugh)
Caps Lock is mad JDM y0!

Coder, welcome to the boards. Lots of info to find here :) Use the search function and you won't be disapointed. Lots of stuff in the How-To section as well if you need info for DIY jobs

PS. If you end up eventually getting a stiffer sway bar, it'll be just about imperative to get new struts.

Welcome... I don't know if have any concerns on how would your ride feel with these options/ or if you even put thought in to this... but that might be some think you would want to look in to before you go spending the big $$$$...

Back