HELP everytime i get out i get shocked

your burlap burka is gonna create a static charge

Haha! Thankfully I live in the milder part of Canada. That's right, hate us you Torontonians!

Anyways, I think holding the vehicle frame is the way to go. Easiest and most practical.

Beats waiting for the seats to wear out or buying seat covers...

I've the same experience before I put on the car seat. The fabric of the seat easily generate static charges and the static discharge when you leave the car. Once I put on the car seat I never have this problem again in 3 years.

i remmber reading if you get the anti static spray. that woman use if they are wearing a dress and it is sticking to them it stops the shocks. im not sure if it works but i remmber reading some were that it does

I get shocked regardless of time of year... and it's not a faint tap either, its like I am touching live 110?! I just htought it was my tires andstatic shock? This happens regardless of time of day, I wear dockers/polo to work, shorts/hoodies/t's shirts at home all year round and every m-w-f I work out and I get shocked when I am wearing shorts/tank... so I don't beleive it is the clothes per say but that couldn't help matters. It's static buildup of some sort but its reason isnt a big enough matter for me to research. Just find it funny.

I definetly have the same problem. I was thinking of making a grounding strap for driving :D

Seruously, might there be a way to ground the shift knob so it wouldnt happen?

Right now, I just touch first with my elbow- its much less sensitive and dosnet really hurt.

Back