HELP everytime i get out i get shocked

Josh_160

:
Audi A4 1.8TQ
everytime i get out of my car i get shocked and i am getting annoyed cause i dont want to touch my car can i get some help please

No problem. you just need about 4 or 5 feet of wire. One side gets connected to the chassis, and you need to strip about 3 or 4 inches of the insulation off the other end. When you go to get out of the car, just hold the end of the wire you just stripped. :)

what? I thought it was funny. (ughdance)

Happened in my civic alot, never went away, and then i traded the car....

Happens with my car too. I don't mind so much since I'm used to it now.

Problem is with unsuspecting passengers...

wtf man thats insane never thought about gas station cause its actually a big shock and im not gonna get blown up frick that and haha thanks for the grounding information i am a electrician and a lineman apprentice so i know about grounding but i thought there might be a trick to it

Just hold onto the body of the car as you step out, that solves the problem.

(dunno) in my case i upgraded my grounding system and everything disapeard, buth sometime the shock is a result of your mix in the shoes and underware, with the material of your seat, build up of static and it discharge on the metal.

i do this on serval protege here, and abouth all ther prob. with this as disapear, other as just bye a new pair of shoes and it do the trick, how knows the good anser (thought)

hellin1978 said:
(dunno) in my case i upgraded my grounding system and everything disapeard, buth sometime the shock is a result of your mix in the shoes and underware, with the material of your seat, build up of static and it discharge on the metal.

i do this on serval protege here, and abouth all ther prob. with this as disapear, other as just bye a new pair of shoes and it do the trick, how knows the good anser (thought)

WHAT????

Used to happen to me, when the car was new. It will go away as the fabric gets a little older. My car is almost 5 years old though

well this sucks for now. ill have to go to futureshop and spend some more money theyve already taken over 2000 from me for sterio

I got some wet okole seat covers and it happens no longer. I think it's the faux suede fabric that does it. So: quick, easy solution is seat covers.

get in the habit of holding onto the car frame as you get out. I usually grab the metal above the driver window. BEFORE moving off the seat. No shocks for me!

It's kind of funny......I never get shocked getting out of my car, but for some reason if I have a passenger they get shocked......my girlfriend hates it

BAHAHAHA I have passengers getting shocked all the time, but since i got the Turbo Timer it hasn't been happening as much. Don't see why it still wouldn't work. But yeah I hold onto the roof right before i get out as well i made it a habit but i make sure to NEVER tell the passengers, It's too funny.

My 88 323, 99 Prot, 03 Speed, and my current 03.5 Speed SHOCK THE SH!T OUT OF ME. It gets worse when the humidity goes down. It will never happen on a rainy day!

367 (mp3yellow

gaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy i wanna fix it i think its the first one out so the driver wouldent feel it if the passenger got out first i donno

Josh_160 said:
wtf man thats insane never thought about gas station cause its actually a big shock and im not gonna get blown up frick that and haha thanks for the grounding information i am a electrician and a lineman apprentice so i know about grounding but i thought there might be a trick to it

I'm pretty sure at a gas station it's happened before, and not just once.

Josh_160 said:
gaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy i wanna fix it i think its the first one out so the driver wouldent feel it if the passenger got out first i donno
You can fix this in these 9 easy steps!

1. Open door
2. Place right hand on door jam (above where the window would be were the door closed
3. Place left hand on door jam just in front of the rear door hinge
(hands are reversed if coming out of passneger side)
4. Place Left foot on ground.
5. Swing ass around
6. Place right foot on ground.
(feet are reversed if coming out of passenger side)
7. With hands and feet in place, haul your ass out of the car
(NOTE! If hands and feet are not in place, please contact physician.)
8. Close door
9. Complete exit. If you wish, you may take a bow, or pat yourself on the back.

Feel free to duck tape these instructions to the steering wheel, or the dash in front of the passenger's seat. The windshield in front of you is not a suitable location for taping instructions as it may obstruct vison of road (and traffic) ahead.

Latest posts

Back