mini disc

Minidisc? What's that?

J/K

I'm assuming that you are talking about the minidisc module that plugs into the factory stereo. Minidisc players are not very popular. No cars come with them standard so you will have to go through your dealer to get one.

chuyler1 said:
Minidisc? What's that?

J/K

I'm assuming that you are talking about the minidisc module that plugs into the factory stereo. Minidisc players are not very popular. No cars come with them standard so you will have to go through your dealer to get one.
yup that's what i'm talking about. I've had them either as hand held players or in mini systems for the last 10 yrs. virtually indestructible and excelent for live audio recording in remote settings. eg. dj set on the beach. Also a great way to take music w/ you when you're out and about. Never have to worry about losing your entire music selection if your mp3 player fails. granted not a big deal if your around home but a dilema if you're on the chicken bus in northern Lao. huge in the rest of the world just not on these shores. guess i'm of to the dealer for a soaking. thanks for the help.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...10&Dept=audio&CategoryName=pa_MiniDiscPlayers

looked through the JDM accessory catalog... the part # for the MD unit is GJ6E-79-APX... retails for about $430... it's the same thing as the mazda3's
you still need the trim piece for it, and it's not available in the US.... part # is C257-79-BCX... I can get it for you from Japan for 80 bucks, PM me if you want to buy it

TheMAN said:
looked through the JDM accessory catalog... the part # for the MD unit is GJ6E-79-APX... retails for about $430... it's the same thing as the mazda3's
you still need the trim piece for it, and it's not available in the US.... part # is C257-79-BCX... I can get it for you from Japan for 80 bucks, PM me if you want to buy it

OUch $530 to install technology that no one uses. really MD died out just about the same time it was introduced. Save some money and get and auxmod and an Ipod

was98strat said:
OUch $530 to install technology that no one uses. really MD died out just about the same time it was introduced. Save some money and get and auxmod and an Ipod
ipod good. itunes store bites. I don't listen to anything on the radio. top forty, country, rock none of it does it for me . for me it's underground tech and prog house w/ an ample dose of d&b and trance. try finding anything like that on itunes. as well ipods do not have the ability to record music. like I said in an earier post an I pod won't do squat for you if you want to record a live mix. You can't plug an ipod into a mixing board and press record. ipods are great if you want to store,listen or watch media. they are not great if you record media. the Auxmod is wicked advice!!!!! and they' re only $60usd. As I already have the MD that'll save me a crap load of cash. hell w/ the difference I can almost afford the latest edition of Soundforge. Thanks a bunch was98strat.

Almost 10 years later!!....Are you still able to get the C257-79-BCX MD trim? I find myself wanting this piece of M5 audio history more and more!

Back