Suspension part numbers....any parts employees?

dommo_g

:
2004 SRT-4, 2007 MS3
I know the 5 shares many underpinnings with the 3, but I'd like to know exactly what they share as far as suspension components. Does anyone work or know someone that could cross reference part numbers to see exactly what is interchangeable. I'd like to know what aftermarket parts could be used for the 5.

I've done a little searching, not much, but it looks like the only things that are truly the same are the front lower control arms, front calipers, front rotors, front and rear sway bar links, and rear hubs (so long as the 3 has ABS). And a lot of nuts and bolts..... basically anything that has a BL or BP in the beginning of the part number crosses over.

LOOKING under a 3 and a 5, the sway bars APPEAR the same, so perhaps the part number difference is only because of different thicknesses?
I've been wanting to order a set of the MazdaSpeed sway bars for the 3, just to see if they will mount up, but that front bar looks like a PITA to swap out.

Thanks for the info. I just did my first oil change yesterday, and the parts guy I bought my filters from seemed pretty cool, so I'll go back and ask him about the sways.

dommo_g said:
Thanks for the info. I just did my first oil change yesterday, and the parts guy I bought my filters from seemed pretty cool, so I'll go back and ask him about the sways.

He'll probably tell you what I'd tell you. I can sell you the bars, but if they don't fit, you can't bring 'em back :D

Back