Stock air intake...

dark86

i m tryin to install the stock intake back on
but having trouble when i need to connect the resonance chamber and air cleaner...
i can't seem to get them to connect to each other
is there any special way to do it?

does this help? I an not exactly sure theproblem. Can you explain a little more, is it a couple pieces fighting to go together?

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    92 KB · Views: 134
RaiderMP5 said:
does this help? I an not exactly sure theproblem. Can you explain a little more, is it a couple pieces fighting to go together?

yea i got that pic too..
ummm it just seems like those 2 hole doesn't go fit onto each other
the bottom of the hole from the resonance chamber has a lil shield(not sure how to describe it... its just not even) like thinggy stick out....

this is what im talking abt
DSC00097.JPG

DSC00098.JPG

can't get them to connect to each other:(

Last edited:
I just did this today:

1. Put the intake tube back on the throttlebody
2. Put the water evaporator thingy back on, (the one that hangs way down)
3. Put on the bottom of the air filter
4. Put the MAF sensor housing back into the top of the air filter box
5. Put the top of the air filter box on & insert the MAF into the INtake tube to the throttle body
6. Put the "ram-air" snorkle back on.

Done.

thrasher said:
P.S. In the picture, I think you've got the air filter box upside-down.

i know it is
i just put it on the floor to take a pic
but are the air filter box and the thing that hang ways down connect tight w/ each other
so r they just hang onto each other

the thing that hangs down gets bolted to the chassis first, then you can slide the bottom of the airbox onto/into it and then bold the airbox to the mounts near the battery.

thrasher said:
the thing that hangs down gets bolted to the chassis first, then you can slide the bottom of the airbox onto/into it and then bold the airbox to the mounts near the battery.

yea thats why i m wondering, i mean, i can make slide the box just onto the thing , but not into it..
is that good enough?
seems like its not completely sealed

Mine fit pretty snug. Didn't have to force it or anything, but it definately sealed. Both of those openings have a funny shape, not sure why...

thrasher said:
Mine fit pretty snug. Didn't have to force it or anything, but it definately sealed. Both of those openings have a funny shape, not sure why...

so they are not loose or anything
i m just tryin to connect them together b4 i put them back in
just tryin to make sure they fit first...

you shouldnt have a problem, make sure that the tab on the resonator is all the way in that rubber bushing thats on the lower bracket below the filter box, THEN compress the intake tube back(one with maf). Push the tab on the back of the filter box on its rubber bushing, and bring the front down to meet up with the resonator and they should slide together tightly.

gregrego said:
you shouldnt have a problem, make sure that the tab on the resonator is all the way in that rubber bushing thats on the lower bracket below the filter box, THEN compress the intake tube back(one with maf). Push the tab on the back of the filter box on its rubber bushing, and bring the front down to meet up with the resonator and they should slide together tightly.

i think i m having trouble making sure the tab go all the way into the rubber bushing, do u have to push very hard?

by tab u mean that little part that sticks out, right?

this is what it looks like when i put them together
u can see theres a gap between those 2 parts
sorry for the crappy pic, only got a camera phone
DSC00100.JPG

Last edited:
Back