Mazdaspeed axleback silencer?

SlowPro98

Contributor
:
02P5, 98ES,95miata
Does anyone know if there is a silencer for the mazdaspeed axleback? I saw some holes in the tip, wondering if anyone has done it.

thanks

The hole inthe bottom of the tip is for water to drain out of it, when moisture is present at startup. To thebest of my knowledge, there is no silencer.

:)

i learned the hard way many years ago about that hole in the bottom. I got an aftermarket exhaust for my vw, and it had no hole. In 3 years, there was one. The whole tip was rusting from the bottom out. But it was really cheap.

when i had mine on along with my header and no cat, it was so loud it was embarassing. i quickly took it off

jsgolfer said:
when i had mine on along with my header and no cat, it was so loud it was embarassing. i quickly took it off

With just the axleback it isn't bad at all, but it with a header is pretty bad. Now I have a full catback, the header, and a midpipe with high flow cat and it is still a lot quieter.

silver03p5 said:
lol jesus, the axle back isnt that loud. you guys need to ride in cars with real exhaust

Yeah, it's not bad now, but I just ordered some headers and while I enjoy a bit of noise, I don't want it to be too loud.

Back