Anyone know about the LED side mirror covers?

weird indeed
tb_in1.jpg

NYMZ5,

Can you post up the Mazda part numbers?

TheMan,

I wasn't disputing the box being genuine Mazda, but I can take a pick of a Mazda box beside my McDonald's hamburger. That doesn't mean the hamburger came out of that particular box.

Matt

MD5 said:
I wasn't disputing the box being genuine Mazda, but I can take a pick of a Mazda box beside my McDonald's hamburger. That doesn't mean the hamburger came out of that particular box.

Matt
<----- begins working on an Official Mazaspeed Hamburger: JDM (Japanese Domestic Meat), with the pickles underneath the patty. They'll sell like hotcakes!

I agree with a previous post, side markers OR mirror blinkers... not both. Do so and you'll instantly turn your 5 into a rice cooker.

JMO

hmm 2 post and all about this, can we see a whole pic of that care with those mirrors and maybe a sign ;)

Here's a closeup pic. I painted them myself (I have a furniture refinishing shop). Base color, clearcoat & hardener came to over $50, and that was just for 1/2 a pint!
3:4.jpg

l2eedy said:
lol oh brother....like you aint in on it with the guy whos selling them get real
Real nice l2eedy, I see you're the trusting type.
Yeah, me a Mr Wang Chung in Taiwan are best buddies. Give me a break.
You all asked for info and I gave it to you. This was my experience with Speedline and I posted it. If you'ld rather spend your time and waste mine with pointless, paranoid posts about my honesty go ahead.
I'll show you the email I sent to Speedline berating them for charging me $109 for the 1st one and then selling them for $99 AND for telling people that the install is 20 min when I made it clear it was a 2 hr PIA install. Yeah l2eedy, we're the Best Of Friends(eekfu). (enguard) :bs:

Last edited:
NYMZ5 said:
Here it is. Note the guy cut out the part #'s:bs: . However, they're are clearly Mazda OEM.
View attachment 80470

View attachment 80471

View attachment 80472

Man, call me a skeptic, but the box you have shown on top looks like the box/lable the guy has pictured on the Ebay sale that is on the bottom, and your bottom box looks like the box/label that is on the top in his pic (with a little lable removal).

The lable positioning is almost identical.

Not that it really matters, but I just like people to be honest. I still like the product.

Matt

The box would be the same since I bought the first set (in his pictures). He didn't even know if they would fit correctly (of course, he didn't tell me that until AFTER I bought them). As for the actual mirror pic, I have Stellar Grn, his pic looks to be from a catalog, some metallic blue, but they do look similar. Anyway, if anybody's in the area (N of NYC) and you want to see and confirm these are Real and most likely genuine Mazda, be my guest. I just don't get the attitude on here that this guy (Speedline International) is some kind of fraud (not to mention me). He's been selling on Ebay for a while now and seems to have a pretty good rep. I first got my ipod adapter from him last year, works great, and then got the front strut brace which also works great (although install was not as simple as he stated it would be, sound familiar?) But I'ld be just as happy if nobody else got the leds so that I feel special(wink)

Last edited:
What you've explained makes sense. Thanks for the info, but I'm still confused, is it $99 for the set, or $99 EACH?

Matt

NYMZ5 said:
He's been selling on Ebay for a while now and seems to have a pretty good rep. I first got my ipod adapter from him last year, works great...

Does the iPod thing have control from the steering wheel and do you get the display to show the song? I have AuxMod and the next version is supposed to do all of that but they seem to be a few months behind.

"but I'm still confused, is it $99 for the set, or $99 EACH"
it's for a pair

"Does the iPod thing have control from the steering wheel and do you get the display to show the song?"
the steering wheel controls only work to advance songs, no display. I've been waiting for auxmod advance as well. they keep moving the ship date forward so I'm not sure what's going on. also, Speedline's ipod adapter works great with my video pod but sucks with my wifes 3g ipod as well as another 3g I tried. the sound was crap, don't know why, exactly the same connector as my 5g.

Wondering if anyone has any updated information on the mirror led repeaters. the '10 mazda5 doesn't have them on the body any more so these are looking more interesting / needed.

Back