lightning strike???

Breeegz said:
If you had a choice between a Lightning'd car vs a regular car

same make/model/price/options regular for me... it doesn't matter how good the repairs were completed, I would see this as a potential for something to go wrong in the future. I'm not saying that I would never buy it, but it would have to be better than my other choices and it's already got one strike against it.

(no pun intended)

i realize all this.. however if one considers the tdi market right now because of gas prices ect. this is the last vw is making them and people are on waiting lists at dealers paying MORE than MSRP. before we had people telling they were ready to buy the car sight unseen for the price we were asking ( this was after the inital buyer was lined up) i tell you these deisel enthusists are nuts!

needs to be fixed first "don't" it! anyway it's not mine to sell... for me this is simply an arguement in semantics. i was just what people think about it, cuz there aren't that many post lightninged cars out there...

cilyjr said:
needs to be fixed first "don't" it! anyway it's not mine to sell... for me this is simply an arguement in semantics. i was just what people think about it, cuz there aren't that many post lightninged cars out there...

oh ok, well then to answer your question. if i knew it was struck by lightning and i didn't know the owner or anything i wouldn't buy it unless it was pretty cheap.

done finally

well it's finally done! going to the dealer in like an hour to get it!!!
any bets on what might still be broken?

dude...you can make this a selling point!! the first ever vw golf "lightning" edition!!

next step...matching emblems!!

lightning1_15.jpg

well it's back ABS good hope to never have to know about airbags.
still brocken auto trunk latch.
need to reprogram 2 of the 3 keys (our fault as we never thought to give them to the dealer)

and we found where the lightning jumped from the tree to the car...driver side mirror there 3 little burn marks on the glass and the plastic on the inside is all bubbled like it burned!!!

so they need to replace that.
but other than that it ran real good.
plus the brand new stero sounds great!

Latest posts

Back