price of a valve cover at dealer?

MP3Architect

Contributor
so i just called 5 dealers and got 4 totally different prices and 1 refusal to give a price without a vin for a p5 valve cover. the nicest price was about $38 and the worst was $348 with the others being ~$170 and ~$240. so could anyone with experience kindly tell me what the real price should be?

awesome website! i never even knew that existed. so I'm asuming that the w/sport suspension is referring to the mazdaspeeds? and the w/o is referring to p5's and sedans? why would the p5 one be more expensive though?

i don't know...sometimes the diagrams that the site pulls up are not for the right car....i would call them though if I ever ordered. if you click on the view illustration button the diagrams are the same for both versions....hmmm

yeah i should have asked ken last week. its only i have mazda gift certificates and i wanted this piece by like tomorrow so i could buff the hell out of it and make is chromed out before saturday....cuz that'll be the last day ill have with my car for like 3 months.

the one for the P5 might be more expensive because there is Mazda DOHC 16 valves written on it. the MSP version is blank

Back